Home

PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

This is a discussion on PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

As most of you saw before the info on the 2nd patch has been released. The one thing i looked for first was if progression would be fixed so i could start my dynasty, only problem was that wasn't listed for a fixing. IDK about you guys but i feel very mad/upset about this. Not only does this completely kill the fun out of playing dynasty because every team will probably be an A after some 20-25years, It potentially will kill the new "improved draft class" feature for madden. Im sorry but of all the bugs, this one WAS a game killer, I could care less about some "tendency" bug that was over hyped. I simmed a season with a speed improved Robert Griffen III and he rushed for 900yards 11TDs as a balanced QB. There was never a problem with tendency because if you went to edit, he was still listed as a scrambler which meant there was never a problem. CMON EA! how could you not fix the progression???? What are your thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
As most of you saw before the info on the 2nd patch has been released. The one thing i looked for first was if progression would be fixed so i could start my dynasty, only problem was that wasn't listed for a fixing. IDK about you guys but i feel very mad/upset about this. Not only does this completely kill the fun out of playing dynasty because every team will probably be an A after some 20-25years, It potentially will kill the new "improved draft class" feature for madden. Im sorry but of all the bugs, this one WAS a game killer, I could care less about some "tendency" bug that was over hyped. I simmed a season with a speed improved Robert Griffen III and he rushed for 900yards 11TDs as a balanced QB. There was never a problem with tendency because if you went to edit, he was still listed as a scrambler which meant there was never a problem. CMON EA! how could you not fix the progression???? What are your thoughts on this?
Yea, keep telling yourself that. It did alter how they played. There wouldn't be thousands of posts in a thread if it was just a cosmetic error.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Yea, keep telling yourself that. It did alter how they played. There wouldn't be thousands of posts in a thread if it was just a cosmetic error.
looks like i dont have to tell myself anything seeing that Robert Griffen ran for 900 yards and 11 tds. here, for your sake, i'll list some others, Denard Robinson: 763yds 16TDs. Russell Wilson: 721yds, 8TDs, Logan Thomas: 621yds 6TDs. Darren Thomas: 607yds, 9TDs. That was the top 5 EXCLUDING Tevin Washington(QB of GT) who ran for 1100YDs. All of the players except Tevin had been edited and altered as "ballanced". And just so i don't have to hear another pathetic response from you, Denard had dreads added and his BTK lowered. Russell Wilson had his speed lowered. Logan Thomas had his height, weight, and passing ability fixed, and Darren Thomas had his speed lowered. Yet they all did just find running the ball with a "cosmetic" error
Old 08-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #4
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Whether the tendancy bug is a problem or not, progression not being fixed is a MAJOR problem.

just my opinion of course.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
looks like i dont have to tell myself anything seeing that Robert Griffen ran for 900 yards and 11 tds. here, for your sake, i'll list some others, Denard Robinson: 763yds 16TDs. Russell Wilson: 721yds, 8TDs, Logan Thomas: 621yds 6TDs. Darren Thomas: 607yds, 9TDs. That was the top 5 EXCLUDING Tevin Washington(QB of GT) who ran for 1100YDs. All of the players except Tevin had been edited and altered as "ballanced". And just so i don't have to hear another pathetic response from you, Denard had dreads added and his BTK lowered. Russell Wilson had his speed lowered. Logan Thomas had his height, weight, and passing ability fixed, and Darren Thomas had his speed lowered. Yet they all did just find running the ball with a "cosmetic" error
And did you play all these games where you saw this? No, you simmed a dynasty. It's an in-game problem. Sim results are not affected so why don't you go read the thread before you post more excuses of your own, or go play Denard Robinson and these other guys for yourself and see if they actually scramble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 04:55 AM   #6
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Wow. Somehow hundreds of people noticed it and even EA acknowledged it as a problem, but your copy was left unscathed.

It isn't about sim stats so much as it is playing the team. Sim stats remain relatively unchanged. It's really only when you play vs. Stanford and see Luck take off for scrambles or play Michigan and see Robinson remain in the pocket all game does the roster glitch truly show it's impact. Just because you didn't understand how it works doesn't mean you have to get all hateful.

I agree progression, if left untouched, is a major downer. But just because something is a "gamekiller" for you doesn't mean it is for the next person or vice versae. You obviously don't have a problem with the roster editing glitch, but hundreds, if not thousands, do. Different people have a different level of care with different issues.

All doc did was inform you wasn't just a cosmetic effect and you got all hateful and called his response pathetic. Just because someone has a different opinion than you do doesn't make it pathetic. As already stated, the roster glitch is a KNOWN problem, one that has been acknowledged.

I'm getting along in my dynasty just fine. Coach progression is kind of annoying, but in my opinion (which you asked for, remember) it is hardly a "gamekiller."

You wanted opinions. Be prepared for those that are different than yours.

Last edited by okstate19; 08-03-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:57 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
And did you play all these games where you saw this? No, you simmed a dynasty. It's an in-game problem. Sim results are not affected so why don't you go read the thread before you post more excuses of your own, or go play Denard Robinson and these other guys for yourself and see if they actually scramble.
Well seeing that im not playing Denard Robinson every single week, it doesnt concern me to they fact that dynasty is completely unplayable after a few years. This is BY FAR more important than a tendency problem.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 AM   #8
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Well seeing that im not playing Denard Robinson every single week, it doesnt concern me to they fact that dynasty is completely unplayable after a few years. This is BY FAR more important than a tendency problem.
According to who?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »