Home

Individual press/off coverage

This is a discussion on Individual press/off coverage within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Individual press/off coverage

I'm a madden vet and seeing this option once again is great. I have always loved to play receivers differently instead of just "press" all. I think the strategy of the game will be improved once again. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Individual press/off coverage

Thats great news as it does add to the strategy part of the game and is a feature I have missed in recent Maddens.

Now if they can only fix the "WR/DB Matchups" so I can assign a specific DB to a WR without having the other matchups screwed up (i.e. a LB on the 2nd WR) then it would be perfect.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good News. How exactly do you do this though?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6

I knew you can do this but I forgot all about it. How is this done so I can get this down pack before the game is release
Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah how do you do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

HOW:

When you call a coverage audible, you need to press A/X (360/PS3) to select individual coverage assignment. Then choose the receiver icon and a direction to shade coverage... Here's what I did last night with the Demo to get these into my muscle memory so I can instinctively call these in game situations.

1) Play Demo with 2 controllers set to opposite teams.
2) In 'Game Play Options' turn off the Play Clock.
3) On the field, pick plays for both teams but don't snap the ball.
4) Tinker with the pre-snap controls until you feel comfortable calling the coverage shades you want.

It took me about 15-20 minutes to figure out that the Strategy Pad Minimization should be turned ON. You won't have to take your thumb off the left stick - which should increase pre-snap adjustment speed.

Later
Old 08-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm glad they got it in. But its a bit complicated. I wish they could allow you to set that in strategy from the pause menu or in team adjustments in franchise.
It would be optimal if they gave you different coverage possibilities and allowed you to set press, normal or off for each DB per situation. Zero Coverage, One Deep, Two Deep, 3 Deep, 4 Deep. In Zero I would only allow a truly elite CB to press (Nmamdi, Revis etc), in 2 Deep I would allow all CBs to press since they've got help over top. In 3 Deep I'd back off a slower CB so he doesn't get beat deep. Of course we should still be able to make adjustments on the fly but having these available as strategy elements out of game would be a huge plus too.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 08-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I love that it's back in and good info TNT, but is there a way to globally do it pre-snap, the way that you can globally press with one button.

I play a lot of 4-3 Over, so I like to look the offensive formation over and take a pre-snap read, make sure my linemen are shaded properly. That means I have to wait until the offense gets to the line of scrimmage. With the CPU snapping the ball so quickly there isn't always time to shade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »