Home

Main Problem I see with the Running the Ball in NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Main Problem I see with the Running the Ball in NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Banned

gmcrb28's Arena

OVR: 9
Main Problem I see with the Running the Ball in NCAA 12

First off I am 19 years old and a sophomore in college.. I love playing football (on xbox and IRL), and watching football. I played football almost all my life up to college and think I know alot about the game and the rules... with that being said I am loving this years NCAA 12. But I think the Running game has some minor/major flaws in them holding this game back. While blocking and the run game in general is overall better in this years edition there are some things that I see that hinder it.. Also I am not one of those people who play games to find the flaws in them

1. The CPU Cornerbacks. They react to the run WAY too fast.. looking at numerous replays of me running the ball the CPU cornerbacks don't even back pedal. In football the cornerback always takes at least one step back to back pedal.. The CPU CB sometimes just rushes straight to the LOS to stop the play causing the user to have to try to cut back up field quicker. This doesn't happen all the times but happens alot..

2. User players whiff on blocks too much. Also by game testing when looking at replays it seems as though every run play a blocker, whether that be an O-lineman, TE, or WR, whiffs or get pushed aside right as the User RB gets to them causing the play to be blown up in the backfield unless you can bounce the run outside. But sometimes as I get the outside if my WR was blocking the CPU CB he all of a sudden gets pushed aside by the CB as Iget near them

Now number 1 does not happen all the time but number 2 seems to happen everytime I run the ball at least one D-Line gets off a block as soon as I get to the LOS

Am I the only experiencing this?

Feedback and/or solutions, if any, are welcome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Main Problem I see with the Running the Ball in NCAA 12

Running the ball is too easy on this game.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey323
Running the ball is too easy on this game.
I would have to agree.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe these things occur so running wouldn't be even easier than it already is? With no suction blocking this year it would already make for an easier run game so I guess they felt the cpu needed to cheat in these ways. With that said Im averaging over 5 yards a carry on heisman with an average at best o-line. I might have to adjust sliders to make it a bit harder.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
Banned

gmcrb28's Arena

While I agree with yall running is easy, as I do have more good games running the ball than bad, its just the way the CPU defense plays the run.. and I am curious as to if the people saying it is to easy have changed sliders, what difficulty you play on etc..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
Banned

gmcrb28's Arena

Also my main question is are the 2 things I stated that I have the most problems with are yall seeing them occur also..
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcrb28
Also my main question is are the 2 things I stated that I have the most problems with are yall seeing them occur also..

Somewhat but not to where it really bothers me. Im definitely not seeing #2 as often as you say.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcrb28
While I agree with yall running is easy, as I do have more good games running the ball than bad, its just the way the CPU defense plays the run.. and I am curious as to if the people saying it is to easy have changed sliders, what difficulty you play on etc..
I am playing on Matt10's heisman sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »