Home

Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog

This is a discussion on Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog

The NHL team is checking in once more with the complete details for the NHL 12 demo that will be hitting Xbox Live and PSN later this month.

Quote:
With launch right around the corner, the NHL 12 demo is almost here! The highly anticipated demo will be available through Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network beginning August 23. The demo will feature access to three modes: Play Now, Be A Pro, and Hockey Ultimate Team.

Read on to get the complete demo details and find out how you can earn some Ultimate Team card packs before the release of NHL 12.

Read More - NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Banned

boilermakernet08's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Exclusive: NHL 12 Demo Announcement Blog

Can't wait to see how this will turn out!

EA mentions they have added over 300 gameplay refinements. Is there - or will there ever be - an all-inclusive list as to what these gameplay refinements are?
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Are those release dates right? It actually comes out in Europe before it releases in the US? :P
Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Can't wait

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
" In Play Now, relive the emotion of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals as the game inserts you into the third period of a match-up between the Boston Bruins and the Vancouver Canucks -- will you embrace history or rewrite it?"

Man, that's cheesy as hell. And another thing, wouldn't it be so much cooler if they made every third period 'battle' a close game, instead of you trailing or leading by 4 or 5 goals. I'd prefer to go into the third tied or down 3-2 or something everytime instead of losing 6-1 or worse...which happens all too often on these demos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
" In Play Now, relive the emotion of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals as the game inserts you into the third period of a match-up between the Boston Bruins and the Vancouver Canucks -- will you embrace history or rewrite it?"

Man, that's cheesy as hell. And another thing, wouldn't it be so much cooler if they made every third period 'battle' a close game, instead of you trailing or leading by 4 or 5 goals. I'd prefer to go into the third tied or down 3-2 or something everytime instead of losing 6-1 or worse...which happens all too often on these demos.
Agreed, I wish they would just make it a tie game especially if they want to show off the anticipation AI. I don't want my defenseman joining the rush or pinching to keep the play alive with a 1 goal lead late in the 3rd (especially in the cup finals).
Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
CAN'T WAIT!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace

They've done the same scenario the past 3 years with the demo, so I'm not surprised. I would like something different, ala Madden and NCAA where you get access to a FULL game with shortened periods.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »