Home

Online Franchise, what's in and what's out?

This is a discussion on Online Franchise, what's in and what's out? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 AM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Online Franchise, what's in and what's out?

I will be doing my first online franchise when Madden 12 releases this year. I'm just looking for a lil confirmation on what new features will be in online franchise and which ones won't. These are the ones I'm concerned with:

DPP
Expanded Rosters
New Rookie Scouting
Player Roles
Practice Mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Online Franchise, what's in and what's out?

I am pretty sure they have said nothing has changed with online franchise. With that being said, I am not sure about DPP being included because that is more a game play change.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I will be doing my first online franchise when Madden 12 releases this year. I'm just looking for a lil confirmation on what new features will be in online franchise and which ones won't. These are the ones I'm concerned with:

DPP
Expanded Rosters
New Rookie Scouting
Player Roles
Practice Mode
I would say most likely a definite no to practice mode, rookie scouting, and probably expanded rosters. I know they were hoping to be able to carry over DPP and Player roles (as well as hot and cold streaks but I'm not sure if they got time before it went gold. I have the game but even if I could tell you for sure (under embargo), the online servers aren't up for ps3 other than the 2 day trial servers. That will be the first thing I look for when they are up though.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I would say most likely a definite no to practice mode, rookie scouting, and probably expanded rosters. I know they were hoping to be able to carry over DPP and Player roles (as well as hot and cold streaks but I'm not sure if they got time before it went gold. I have the game but even if I could tell you for sure (under embargo), the online servers aren't up for ps3 other than the 2 day trial servers. That will be the first thing I look for when they are up though.
Yeah, I was just hoping that the new scouting and practice mode was in. I would've thought the other 3 were in though, especially DPP since that is a gameplay thing. DPP and player roles are the only 2 that I really really want in.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Yeah, I was just hoping that the new scouting and practice mode was in. I would've thought the other 3 were in though, especially DPP since that is a gameplay thing. DPP and player roles are the only 2 that I really really want in.

If you do a search of threads I remember lots of info about this...mostly bad though.....I seem to remember people upset that there was little if any changes from m11.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am hopeful that roles and traits will be in the game. If I am not mistaken any online game uses the same exact engine that any single player game would use but with certain restrictions such as difficulty and rosters. I would assume both of these are attached to the rosters. This could be good or bad. This could mean that OF will have a different version of the roster. Without preseason games there will be no need for expanded rosters. Since the offseason of an OF is a different setup and process they may have left the portion that determines roles out. Without this process and we would either be stuck with the same roles the whole franchise or have no roles at all.

I hope the draft doesn't display all the attributes like they did before but I doubt this will change. On the same note there was no scouting previously so I doubt the new scouting will be in.

These are just my generalized assumptions based on previous stories about how OF has not been changed.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

If traits and DPP were in online franchise they would have said so by now just to quiet down some of the OF peeps. I say its not in. Hopefully they won't string you along till xmas with the hope of it getting in via the famous server side patch.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
If you do a search of threads I remember lots of info about this...mostly bad though.....I seem to remember people upset that there was little if any changes from m11.
Yeah, I know they said they didn't make many changes to online franchise, but some things, like dpp, seem like they would be in parts of the game. I'm just trying to get some clarification on all that. Also, I didn't play the game at all last year so I'm not really sure what is in online franchise and what isn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »