Home

How do you deal with players in Madden you know/met/played against

This is a discussion on How do you deal with players in Madden you know/met/played against within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
How do you deal with players in Madden you know/met/played against

With there being roughly 1800 players in Madden every year, compared to 500 in basketball for example, we're bound to run into a lot of players in the game we've run into IRL.

In Madden this year, I'm up to about 10 players I've played against in high school, met, or have played pickup basketball with

How do you guys handle these players? Most of the guys I know I consider my peers because I played against them in HS or played with them in pickup... so it's really weird to see their picture in the game.

I like to stay away from them completely and pretend their not in the game. If a dude toasts me for 90 yards in the game who I know IRL i'd flip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How do you deal with players in Madden you know/met/played against

played against Ben Roethlisberger in HS.

Ive also tattooed a few players. Living in Tampa, the couple Ive tattoed have been Bucs or played for USF.

That said, I never try to aquire these guys. I may try to get Mike jenkins this year as i tattooed him this offseason and the Bucs may need a CB when Barber retires. Now if I can just put something together apealing enough to the cowboys. lol
Old 08-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Rookie

xpmar9x's Arena

OVR: 0

I know Michael Hoomanawanui, went to UoI (where I go) and also played against him in HS. He's mom is also close friends with my dad and a co-worker. Actually, I'm going to a Titans (my-team) and Rams preseason game on Saturday, he's getting us onto the field and possibly the locker room. Last year in M11 I traded for him in all of my franchises. In my Titans franchise I traded Craig Stevens for him straight up, and made Jared Cook my #1 & UhOh my #2. He's pretty bad on Madden, but he's a great blocker and underrated receiver in real life. If he stays healthy he could make a solid #2 TE w/ Kendricks as #1 in the STL.

I also know Mendenhall, Mikel LeShoure, Arrelious Benn, Vontae Davis, Corey Liuget, Martez Wilson, Pierre Thomas, Jon Asamoah and basically every UoI player who has graduated in the last few years. My parents are season ticket holders/boosters for UoI so I go to all their games and meet the players etc. So I always learn to try to trade for them, lol
Old 08-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

LOL......make sure the teamates know that some online dude beat a professional in madden......they'd razz the guy forever....
Side note: I coached against a baseball player, Catalanatto, when I was coaching HS baseball. I went to a game he was playing and talked to him before the game. Just prior, his teammates asked what kind of player he was in high school. I said he was good but they peppered me for "weaknesses".....I mentioned he was not a power hitter in HS, that he got much bigger in the pros......well they were all over him, calling him "punch and Judy" the whole time I was talking to him.....it was pretty funny. I told him it was revenge for him personally wrecking my team each year.....he laughed....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well I've never met him but Jamaal Charles is from my highschool and he visits sometimes during the offseason watching us work out and stuff.

Some other guys who aren't big but from my school are Danny Gorrer and James Johnson. They are on the Ravens and Steelers.

Also we have Jonathan Babineaux and his brother Jordan Babineaux.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

colts WR anthony gonzalez burnt me so bad when i was in hs...but then again who didnt
Old 08-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Well I'm a Packer fan. And I know Derrick Sherrod. Went to school with him and backed him up in football. So I don't mind using him to block for Aaron Rodgers.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
played against Ben Roethlisberger in HS.

Ive also tattooed a few players. Living in Tampa, the couple Ive tattoed have been Bucs or played for USF.

That said, I never try to aquire these guys. I may try to get Mike jenkins this year as i tattooed him this offseason and the Bucs may need a CB when Barber retires. Now if I can just put something together apealing enough to the cowboys. lol
tatmanfish im from plant city and Trae Williams is my cousin. He was the cb that played alongside mike jenkins. When he was as USF i hungout with him alot and was around basically the whole team lots of times just hanging out. So I know all the guys that played at usf from 05-08 that is in the pros now. So thats mike jenkins, pierre-paul, tyrone mckineze, carlton thomas, nate allen, jon lejiste, jerome murphy, george selve, and im sure there are more i just cant think of them.

Also this is off topic but where do you do tats?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »