Home

Injury Occurrence Rate

This is a discussion on Injury Occurrence Rate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Injury Occurrence Rate

While the team at EA addressed some major issues with this game, such as successfully implementing custom play books and hitting Miami WR's speeds dead on (I mean, who has ever stayed within 10 yards of those guys running straight down the field?), I believe they have dropped the ball on how often they have injuries occur. Specifically with Denard Robinson. It's just ridiculous that you should be even able to have him hit three times before succumbing to a concussion, he went out way more often that that. In the next patch Michigan's Injury Report should just constantly display "Denard Robinson - Vag was too sore to come out and play today," because it's just bananas that anyone should get to play with him at all. Did you guys even watch film last year? It's not like he was the nation's leading rusher, he was way down the list. And he certainly didn't earn that spot by getting playing time last year.

Last edited by el bandolero; 08-21-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Injury Occurrence Rate

I actually had an OL go down with an injury today first time it's happened.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

QBs get injured FAR too often. Forget running an option offense unless you have AT LEAST two good QB's to run the system. I've never had a QB make it through a season with my option offense in 5 years. They always get some sort of season-ending injury. Plus, they get hurt for a few plays every game. It's like clock work.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
QBs get injured FAR too often. Forget running an option offense unless you have AT LEAST two good QB's to run the system. I've never had a QB make it through a season with my option offense in 5 years. They always get some sort of season-ending injury. Plus, they get hurt for a few plays every game. It's like clock work.

I dont run an option offense but I still get sacked a lot and my QB has only been injured once in 4 seasons and that was just for 3 quarters. Now RB's getting injured happen a lot more but i dont have a problem with it considereing how easy it is to recruit good running backs.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
I dont run an option offense but I still get sacked a lot and my QB has only been injured once in 4 seasons and that was just for 3 quarters. Now RB's getting injured happen a lot more but i dont have a problem with it considereing how easy it is to recruit good running backs.
5 or 6 sacks per game is a lot different than your QB taking 25-30 hits per game in the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I played a full game earlier with no injuries. Mind=Blown

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I actually had an OL go down with an injury today first time it's happened.
Wow I didn't think it was possible. I've played about 70 games and I still haven't seen a lineman get hurt. It's kind of ridiculous that lineman injuries are that rare.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
The last few seasons I have done, one of my running backs have received an injury that is exactly one week longer than the season. Its like EA wants to punish me for having a back that averages 150 yards a game.

Sent from my iPh..... Wait a minute u stalker!!!

Check out my Podcast here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »