Home

SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12**

This is a discussion on SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12**

OS'ers, I've been a loyal NCAA fan. I've sat back and read many of your frustrations and complaints and felt your pain, but despite all the myriad of problems in NCAA 12, as much as they've driven me nuts, I've looked past it, loved this game and played it religiously.

Tonight, I reached my breaking point.

Long story short: I'm USC playing in the BCS Championship against Wisconsin. I'm locked in an absolute classic. Kicked a FG to go ahead 38-36 with 20 seconds left. So here we are with two seconds left on Wisconsin's 44-yard line. I'm back in my prevent defense, which works because the QB can't find anyone open so he starts to scramble and then..

Here's another angle, where you can see my entire secondary completely switch gears and start running back upfield after Russell Wilson passes the LOS:

This one, I can't overlook. I can't just brush it aside. On the surface, this is just a crazy glitch that happened at the worst possible time. But let's face it, this is the result of a deeper, much more rotten issue. The issue being that by and large, this game is completely and totally broken in just about every way. The recruiting, the progression, the physics, tendency bug, the AI, the psychic DBs, crap like this where every single player of the defense does an about-face as soon as a ballcarrier crosses the line of scrimmage. And it's been like that FOREVER. There's only so much of it you can take before it finally hits you like a ton of bricks how completely messed up of a game this really is.

Of course, had a timeout but can't challenge. No booth review. No nothing. Please forgive my grainy cell phone video but it's all I had with me.

I quit without saving, but what's the point now? I just played a two-hour classic and I have no interest in playing it again, but I also have no interest in simming it after all the hours I put in to complete my season. EA sports - one little play has essentially killed my interest in your game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12**

I feel your pain man, I really do. I began as OC at Idaho... and over 4 years had built that team up. In my 5th year I scheduled games against the top teams for OOC and one was at Alabama. I went to their park and beat them 34-17.

End of the year rolls around, I had a Bye Week in week 14 and was 11-1. 'Bama was 10-2. I was # 2 in the country, 'Bama # 3. After the Bye Week, 'Bama was now # 2 and I was # 3. They had 2 losses, one being to me, yet they leap-frogged me and played in the BCS National Championship Game while I played in the Rose Bowl.

I had moved Idaho to the PAC-16... a Super Conference filled w/ elite teams. My schedule was A+ and I beat them in their own park, yet at 12-1... I won the PAC-16 Championship, the 11-2 Tide go ahead of me.

The reason there's so many bugs, glitches and crap wrong w/ this game? There is simply no competition. The Death Knell for football gamers everywhere was when EA purchased all the rights to football games.

If they had competition, the game would be 110% better. Guaranteed!

Last edited by Dr Death; 08-22-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

They are really treating their customers like dog..well you get the point..right now. That's what I have a problem with. No apologies, nothing like that..all we get is some ridiculous show on ESPN talking about how flawless the game is and how big of a success it was. I guess it was in sales and that's a shame. I enjoyed last year's game way more than this years game, maybe the patch will help that but at this point I'm not holding my breath. Madden comes out next week and I will rent before I buy that game rest assured.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
They are really treating their customers like dog..well you get the point..right now. That's what I have a problem with. No apologies, nothing like that..all we get is some ridiculous show on ESPN talking about how flawless the game is and how big of a success it was. I guess it was in sales and that's a shame. I enjoyed last year's game way more than this years game, maybe the patch will help that but at this point I'm not holding my breath. Madden comes out next week and I will rent before I buy that game rest assured.
Hey guys. I hate to break it to you, but unfoftunately that is real life. A 2 loss alabama team will leap frog a 1 loss idaho or any team that is not one of the "traditional" powers. It sucks, but until we get a playoff, the same teams will get voted in again and again. Remember last year, i thought the tide was done after lsu beat them. However, espn hyped them up as a title contender with 2LOSSES. It wasn't until auburn beat them that they finally quit talking about them. It's not fair, but some teams get more respect than others because they have more "tradition" than others. Bs, if you ask me.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Agreed. You can't blame EA when real life is like that.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
Hey guys. I hate to break it to you, but unfoftunately that is real life. A 2 loss alabama team will leap frog a 1 loss idaho or any team that is not one of the "traditional" powers. It sucks, but until we get a playoff, the same teams will get voted in again and again. Remember last year, i thought the tide was done after lsu beat them. However, espn hyped them up as a title contender with 2LOSSES. It wasn't until auburn beat them that they finally quit talking about them. It's not fair, but some teams get more respect than others because they have more "tradition" than others. Bs, if you ask me.
And that's the one thing about college football that I absolutely detest. It would be like the NFL saying... Well, the Oakland Raiders were a dominant team from the last 1960's to the mid 1980's, so therefor they will be in the playoffs every year, no matter what their record is.

The fact that Bear Bryant coached at Alabama and Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler went there has nothing to do w/ the team now. Same for Texas and any other school you can think of. Living off of "Tradition" is exactly as you described it; total BS.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I feel bad because I actually find the op's post kind of funny. Its seems like a call refs would blow IRL. As for the 1 guy who was leap frogged, we would need more details of his and Bama's records
Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I feel bad because I actually find the op's post kind of funny. Its seems like a call refs would blow IRL. As for the 1 guy who was leap frogged, we would need more details of his and Bama's records
What kind of details do you want? My record vs. Top 25 teams was 5-0... actually, all 5 were in the top 17... including 3-0 vs. Top 5 teams. I beat LSU who were # 3, Oregon who was # 1 and Bama who was also # 1.

Bama was 2-2 vs. Top 25 teams including losing to me. I had moved Idaho into the PAC-16... other teams in the conference were USC, Boise State, TCU, Oregon, UCLA, Stanford, Arizona and including my team, that was 8 teams that all went to bowl games.

As far as PAC-16 vs SEC, that year, the PAC-16 was totally better and deeper than the SEC. I know it's difficult for people to imagine... Idaho being a dominant team, but this was 2016 and it had taken 5 years to get there.

What else you want to know?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »