Home

# Of Elite Players In Madden 12 (90+) Their Team And Team Record

This is a discussion on # Of Elite Players In Madden 12 (90+) Their Team And Team Record within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
# Of Elite Players In Madden 12 (90+) Their Team And Team Record

There are a total of 140 elite players in M12 so far with the default rosters…Is this grouping of elite players correct…what teams need more elite players and what teams need less…keep in mind theses are the rosters that EA has released meaning trades and free agency haven’t been accounted for…Agree or Disagree

Bills (1)
DT K. Williams
4-12 record

Dolphins (5)
WR B. Marshall, LB C. Dansby, FB L. Polite, LT J. Long, RT V. Carey
7-9 record

Patriots (5)
WR W. Welker, QB T. Brady, LG L. Mankins, LB J. Mayo, V. Wilfork
14-2 record

Jets (7)
C N. Mangold, LT D. Ferguson, RG B. Moore, LB D. Harris, LB B. Scott, LE S. Ellis, CB D. Revis
11-5 record

Broncos (3)
LT R. Clady, LB E. Dumervil, CB C. Bailey
4-12 record

Chiefs (5)
WR D. Bowe, HB J. Charles, LG B. Waters, LB T. Hali, CB B. Flowers
10-6 record

Raiders (3)
K S. Lechler, DT R. Seymour, CB N. Asomugha
8-8 record

Chargers (5)
TE A. Gates, QB P. Rivers, LG K. Dielman, LB S. Phillips, K N. Kaeding
9-7 record

Ravens (9)
RB R. Rice, FB L. McClain, LG B. Grubbs, C M. Birk, LB R. Lewis, LB T. Suggs, K S. Koch, RE H. Ngata, FS E. Reed
12-4 record

Bengals (1)
CB L. Hall
4-12 record

Browns (3)
RB P. Hillis, FB L. Vickers, LT J. Thomas
5-11 record

Steelers (8)
QB B. Roethlisberger, LB J. Harrison, LB L. Woodley, LB J. Farrior, LB L. Timmons, DT C. Hampton, LE A. Smith, SS T. Polamalu
12-4 record

Texans (4)
WR A. Johnson, RB A. Foster, FB V. Leach, RT E. Winston
6-10 record

Colts (8)
TE D. Clark, WR R. Wayne, QB P. Manning, C J. Saturday, K A. Vinatieri, RE D. Freeney, LE R. Mathis, FS A. Bethea
10-6 record

Jaguars (3)
TE M. Lewis, RB M. Jones-Drew, LB D. Smith
8-8 record

Titans (7)
RB C. Johnson, LT M. Roos, RT D. Stewart, K R. Bironas, LE J. Babin, FS M. Griffin, CB C. Finnegan
6-10 record

Cowboys (4)
TE J. Witten, LB D. Ware, K M. McBriar, DT J. Ratliff
6-10 record

Giants (5)
RG C. Snee, C S. O’Hara, RT K. McKenzie, LE J. Tuck, CB C. Webster
10-6 record

Eagles (6)
WR D. Jackson, QB M. Vick, LG T. Herremans, K D. Akers, RE T. Cole, CB A. Samuel
10-6 record

Redskins (3)
LB L. Fletcher, FS O. Atogwe, SS L. Landry
6-10 record

Cardinals (2)
WR L. Fitzgerald, SS A. Wilson
5-11 record

49ers (5)
TE V. Davis, HB F. Gore, LB Patrick Willis, K A. Lee, RE J. Smith
6-10 record

Seahawks (0)
7-9 record

Rams (2)
RB S. Jackson, K D. Jones
7-9 record

Bears (4)
LB B. Urlacher, LB L. Briggs, K R. Gould, RE J. Peppers
11-5 record

Lions (1)
WR Calvin Johnson
6-10 record

Packers (8)
WR G. Jennings, TE J. Finley, QB A. Rodgers, RG J. Sitton, LB C. Matthews, FS N. Collins, CB C. Woodson, CB T. Williams
10-6 record

Vikings (7)
RB A. Peterson, LG S. Hutchinson, LB C. Greenway, K R. Longwell, DT K. Williams, RE J. Allen, CB A. Winfield
6-10 record

Falcons (9)
WR R. White, TE T. Gonzalez, FB O. Mughelli, RB M. Turner, QB M. Ryan, RT T. Clabo, C T. McClure, LB C. Lofton, RE J. Abraham
13-3 record

Panthers (2)
LT J. Gross, LB J. Beason
2-14 record

Saints (5)
QB D. Brees, RG J. Evans, LG C. Nicks, LB J. Vilma, CB J. Greer
11-5 record

Buccaneers (0)
10-6 record
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #2
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: # Of Elite Players In Madden 12 (90+) Their Team And Team Record

I think your definition of elite is a little off. Take the Texans for example.

Shaub, Daniels, Cushing, Ryans, Super Mario, and Joseph would all be considered elite in my book along with the other players that you mentioned.

I would never count a FB or Wes Welker as an elite player. I just couldn't do it. The Raiders have Mcfadden and Stanford Routt. Both elite players for the Raiders. You get what I'm sayin.

peace

Also the Jets are overrated. The only one that is elite over there is Revis on defense and Holmes on offense imo. Maybe one of their lineman. Thats it. I'm biased though. I hate the Jets.

Edit. After looking over some of the rosters, Yeah, Its Waaaaaaaaay off. Romo is elite. Steve Smith(panthers) Deangelo Willimas. John Abraham is not any good for Atlanta(In Madden anyways). No Eli Manning? Mike Wallace? Chris Gamble? Dunta Robinson? Abriyou Franklin? Donkey Kong Suh?The Safety for Seattle?Dez Bryant? Miles Austin? Knitton for the Jaquars(DT)Jermai Grisham, Cameron Wimbly, Michael Huff, Raiders starting MLB, Vincent Jackson, The Chiefs Safety. Okay thats all I could think of off the top of my head.

Last edited by ANDROMADA 1; 08-22-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Who cares what the team's record is/was?

You can look at the number of 140 players with an OVR rating of 90+ and think "that's too many players," but when you think about it, it shouldn't bother you.

First, who would you take off this list? There are a lot of Offensive and Defensive linemen on that list. There are also punters and kickers. That adds up quickly. Even if you take players X, Y, and Z off the list, you are not going to take a ton of people off of that list.

Secondly, how many players do you think that make the pro-bowl should be rated under 90+? There are two probowl teams with how many players? 50-ish on each team? That is about 2/3's of the list right there.

Third, it depends on how you perceive the OVR rating. DO you think it means a list of all-time greats? Do you think it is just relative to the active players in the league? That matters.

Fourth, you need to remember that OVR rating doesn't really matter. The primary reason to have an OVR rating is for the computer AI. It helps the computer sort a depth chart, trade with the user, and decide who to release and who to resign. It is also fun to just look at and talk about. There are a number of players who are over or under rated based on how they play in Madden. For example, at least for me, T. Cody [rookie NT of the Ravens] is worth far more than the 72 OVR he is rated at. On the other hand, there are many DT's in Madden I could care less about who are rated 80+.

P.S. @ANDROMADA 1, You really think Eli Manning is elite and Wes Welker isn't? In 2007 after Wes started showing the rest of us just how good he is, Bill Belichick said at a press conference that he traded for Wes because when NE played Miami, they couldn't cover him with two people. Welker is one of the best route runners we have ever seen. He is tough and reliable in traffic, and has great field vision. Just becasue he doesn't take the top off of the defense doesn't mean he isn't elite. There is more than on way to play a position really well.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-22-2011 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

^^^Whats the P.S. for? I don't get it. My definition of elite is based on what the player can do in game. Not sure what you meant by that.

Nevermind. I see the rest of your post. At any rate I'm talking Madden. Not IRL, even though IRL I still wouldn't call Welker Elite. Very good sure.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 28

I find it funny how Drew Brees throws for 4k+ yards, 20+ ints and 30+ TDs and he's still insanely elite. Eli Manning does the same thing and he's garbage. I'm sorry, but a QB and a slot receiver have WAY different impacts on a football team. Welker is an outstanding receiver and one of the best slot guys in the game, but not sure I'd call him top 10. He also has the benefit of playing in an offensive system that thrives on short passes and features the slot receiver with the best QB on the planet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

this is what you gotta say to yourself when we talk about elite players....im gonna use welker as an example here but use it for any player you want....can welker put up the same stats if he was in another system? a non hall of famer coach? a non hall of famer QB throwing him the balls? i highly doubt it...did miami not know what they had or did NE use welker to perfection? ask me if you put welker on the raiders, he doesnt break 1000 yds receiving or 100 catches for the year....i think only madden ratings are terrible and i redo edits most years where theres only a handful of 85+ at each position...steve smith on the panthers is a perfect example of elite, he had no QB for pretty much his entire career hes a stud...
Old 08-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I find it funny how Drew Brees throws for 4k+ yards, 20+ ints and 30+ TDs and he's still insanely elite. Eli Manning does the same thing and he's garbage. I'm sorry, but a QB and a slot receiver have WAY different impacts on a football team. Welker is an outstanding receiver and one of the best slot guys in the game, but not sure I'd call him top 10. He also has the benefit of playing in an offensive system that thrives on short passes and features the slot receiver with the best QB on the planet.
Drew Brees just had his worst season as a Saint and his 2ed worst since 2004 [his break out year.] Eli just put up arguably his best individual season last year. There is a difference. If you can't see that, it's because of all the blue in your eyes.

Next, Wes Welker isn't just some slot receiver. He just plays the position differently than Calvin Johnson or Randy Moss. I am not going to sit here and type that he is the next Jerry Rice, but I am sure if Welker wore a Giants uniform, he would be getting a lot more praise right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
this is what you gotta say to yourself when we talk about elite players....im gonna use welker as an example here but use it for any player you want....can welker put up the same stats if he was in another system? a non hall of famer coach? a non hall of famer QB throwing him the balls? i highly doubt it...did miami not know what they had or did NE use welker to perfection? ask me if you put welker on the raiders, he doesnt break 1000 yds receiving or 100 catches for the year....i think only madden ratings are terrible and i redo edits most years where theres only a handful of 85+ at each position...steve smith on the panthers is a perfect example of elite, he had no QB for pretty much his entire career hes a stud...
Evaluating an individual player in a team sport is always difficult.

Do you really thin kpeyton Manning would throw for 4,000 yards a season if he didn't have Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne/Dallas Clark on his team? Not to get off on a Manning tangent [he is one of the best ever] but I find it hilarious that Manning fans want their cake and to eat it too. When Manning's star receivers are hurt, people want to talk about how well Manning is getting by without his star receivers... but when his star receivers are healthy, people want to say it is Manning that makes them stars. There is a reason Manning threw for 49 TDs a few years ago... he had Harrison, Wayne and Clark on the same team. there is a reason Brady hit 50 TDs when Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth and Wes Welker joined NE.

The fact of the matter is that great players can only do so much for their team. When you take great talent and surround them with other players who have great talent, the TEAM can do great things. There is a reason "everyone" expected to see the Miami Heat play [and win] the NBA finals. There is a reason why the Eagles are said to have a "dream team" on paper.

In 2006 it was said, and for good reason, the only weakness for New England was their receiving core. Then, in the off-season they added Wes Welker and Randy Moss [yes, Donte Stallworth as well, but he was only so-so] and took the NFL by storm.

Where would Phil Jackson be without MJ and Kobe? Where would MJ and Kobe be without Pippen, Shaq, Gasol, etc? Do you think Emmitt Smith would be the All-Time leading rusher if he and Berry Sanders had switched places?

EDIT: Also, i don't have a problem with saying Eli is one of the better QBs in football right now, espcially after his last two seasons he has show a lot of improvement... I am more upset that some would say "Where's Eli?" while wanting to take Wes off of the list. I don't mind Eli being somewhere between an 88-90 OVR.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-23-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #8
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Josh Freeman should be a 90. With the current rating his potential should be insane. Also, Aqib Talib should be at least a 90 also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »