Home

Entering Pro Draft, how is this decided?

This is a discussion on Entering Pro Draft, how is this decided? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3
Entering Pro Draft, how is this decided?

Just wondering because I'm trying to raise my Pro rating. I'm currently Indiana and they have a C. After 1 season of running the spread I had 2 WR's over 1000 yards and 80+ catches. My QB had 3800 yards passing and 38 tds (13 ints). The 2 WR's were rated at 91 and 88 and my QB was a 95. None entered the pro draft following the season. Career wise I don't know what the WRs got, but my QB ended with almost 11,000 (I was only there 1 year before he left).

So if 3800 yards, 38 TDs (career: 11,000 yards, 87 tds, 29 ints) doesn't get you into the draft, what does??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Entering Pro Draft, how is this decided?

Not about stats. It's about OVR. Atleast an 88 I believe.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can't be overall. I had 2 RBs rated 95 and a LE rated 96 and none of them went pro.and they were at Penn State and Michigan. So Idk what does it.

SEcond question. just because NCAA says they don't go pro is that for sure? will they not be available for drafting in my Madden season?
NCAA - Ohio State - NC State
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

It would make sense if a player's propensity toward entering the pro draft was based on how highly a recruit values a school's "Pro Potential" rating during the recruitment process.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Any Senior, be it a 99 Overall Star or a 50 Overall Backup, will say Graduated, never Pro Draft. This does not mean they won't be drafted.

Juniors and RS Sophs will enter the Pro Draft sometimes,.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Any Senior, be it a 99 Overall Star or a 50 Overall Backup, will say Graduated, never Pro Draft. This does not mean they won't be drafted.

Juniors and RS Sophs will enter the Pro Draft sometimes,.
I don't understand how people don't get that. If you are a senior you are lost to graduation, and if you are an underclassmen you leave early you declare for the draft. Seniors don't have to declare because they are automatically gone. You never see a senior having a press conference announcing what he is doing next year because its not a question.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
It would make sense if a player's propensity toward entering the pro draft was based on how highly a recruit values a school's "Pro Potential" rating during the recruitment process.
They used potential as a rating in College Hoops 2K8 and it worked well in terms of guys going pro. Sometimes you'd have to realize you were only getting a kid for two years if he was a high recruit with high potential. He'd leave if he had two solid seasons.

Pretty realistic if you ask me.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-24-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

UNC RS Sophomore QB Brynn Renner entered the draft in my dynasty after passing for 4216 yards, 38 TDs, 7 INTs with an OVR of 85 also Junior WRs Jheranie Boyd and Erik Highsmith both declared for the draft after Boyd caught 45 passes for 1106 yards and 14 TDs and Highsmith caught 65 passes for 1006 yards and 10 TDs Boyd was had and OVR of 85 and Highsmith's was 87. Luckily I was able to convince Boyd and Highsmith to return Renner pretty much said screw you and left after multiple attempts of trying to get him to return.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »