Home

Idea to keep Madden fresh...

This is a discussion on Idea to keep Madden fresh... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Idea to keep Madden fresh...

So I dont know if this has been said before, but I had an idea for EA to solve the problem of the same product every year and minimal developments.

I don't know if it would work out great financially but if you look at what the Call of Duty Series does, it is now pretty much a yearly release, but they have two different studio's make the game.

Every other year Madden could be released by Tiburon and then whatever other studio picks up the odd years (EA Canada, new EA Texas, etc..)

what CoD does is they have WaW and BOps producer Treyarch and Infinity Ward produces MW. This allows for a yearly release, but almost a completely different game being made every year.

The studios would feel as if their is competition while EA really has none since they own both studios.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Idea to keep Madden fresh...

or they could stop buying the rights to the Players Association and let 2K get back into making NFL games. Competition would force both products to evolve each year.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
So I dont know if this has been said before, but I had an idea for EA to solve the problem of the same product every year and minimal developments.

I don't know if it would work out great financially but if you look at what the Call of Duty Series does, it is now pretty much a yearly release, but they have two different studio's make the game.

Every other year Madden could be released by Tiburon and then whatever other studio picks up the odd years (EA Canada, new EA Texas, etc..)

what CoD does is they have WaW and BOps producer Treyarch and Infinity Ward produces MW. This allows for a yearly release, but almost a completely different game being made every year.

The studios would feel as if their is competition while EA really has none since they own both studios.
Not to be too harsh, but this method worked out so well for the Call of Duty franchise that Activision shut it down last year

http://www.1up.com/news/activision-s...y-ward-analyst
Old 08-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Banned

bingo911's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwsFoe
or they could stop buying the rights to the Players Association and let 2K get back into making NFL games. Competition would force both products to evolve each year.
why would they 'let' them do such a thing? theyre making a crap load of money, and letting take2 back into things would guarantee that they lose money. they bought the licence to make more money. i hate the thought of there never being a 2k NFL game ever again but... Ea will probably never let it go.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

Here goes, another 2k is so awesome thread. Let the fun begin!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Guys, leave 2k out of this.

This thread can exist without mention of 2k, the OP has an idea...discuss it please
Old 08-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #7
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18

Man EA Canada has made some sweet games. Don't they make the NHL series and used to make the NBA series? Both were pretty solid series, EA just hit the panic button on NBA Live for some reason. EA Canada also made the MVP Baseball series, which everyone who loves sim sports games remembers.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 AM   #8
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Not to mention Call of Duty has the advantage of being able to drastically change the game each version to "keep it fresh". All EA can do is try to improve what they have already built, they can't really change anything dramatically (except the U.I.) without losing NFL realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »