Home

Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style!

This is a discussion on Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style!

Hello,
not many remember me but I made and helped make coach mode sliders(and cpu vs cpu sliders) for xbox and PC for a long time on Football-Freaks. Apparently that site has been down for a while.When, if it will live again is unknown. So anyways I think I have a slider run in me. One for old times sake Any help will be appreciated. So to all you great past (slider makers you know who you are) and to those anew as well its time to play some Football! I dedicate this slider set to Football Freaks and also all your madden coach moders!

Now where to start with this puppy!

first is I have played 4 games so far coach mode with strict house rules and these were the scores and some observations.

W 34-10 Steelers(me) Eagles CPU
W 18-12 Eagles(me) Redskins CPU
L 27-20 Chiefs(me) Chargers CPU
L 19-12 Titans(me) Texans CPU
L 25-19 Vikings(me) Lions CPU

As you can see 2 wins and 2 losses the games where dogfights cept for the Steeler -Eagles game. I like the feel of All-Pro its the best level to play on for coach mode. The game out of the box actually plays decently im quite suprized here.However i do see the need for changes in some Areas not all is prefect far from it but out of the box it plays a mostly enjoayble and *Mostly* good game of football.

1 ) running game while decent out of the box is a little tight

2) to many drops not huge but to many

3) to many ints

4) the cpus QB can scramble,Mine cant all it is is Auto throw.they have it right in NCAA 12 so why not here this needs to be patched badly.To me this is so dinosaur fossil like to me that my QB cannot run. If you use a team like the eagles or a a team with a running QB like rodgers ,vick ect a good part of there game is chopped off. Its a shame becuase the cpu qbs scrambling AI is really good. Please beg for this in a patch or something we can only hope.

5) theres no cpu kicking like there is in NCAA so basicially you have to either kick it or sim it but the point of coach mode is to watcth the cpu play it out.....

I do see you can change the cpu sliders but not human and still retain all-pro. Im not sure what happends to the AI if its like last year if you go custom and have to vastly give the cpu huge slider advantages or not i have to test alot more.

So i have two ways to go about this ,they both might be options

1) keep it on all pro and adjust the cpu side of the ball according. May or May not come up short in some areas but it may be acceptable. The key with madden is to remember its a game of give and take

I am a very through coach moder and slider tester therefor for the moment i am not listing any sliders but i will edit this thread perhaps hourly and start putting them up as a base test set.

Keep in mind good testing takes time i am old school we go 32 game test sets .I also go for NFL averages across the board every stat as close as i can get it. The whole goal is to create the most realistic stat intense coach mode sliders Football-Freaks Style!

now if anyone wants to help please feel free to offer its alot of work to do this correctly. If someone wants to run games and tell me what they think please let me know.

Sorry this is a long post but im super through.......

Stay Tuned more to come Soon!

p.s. WTB game logs PC style oh well pen, paper, Calculator Old shcooling Lol!

Well into the Lab i go Hamster Wheel and all

Lombardi

Game Options:

Skill Level- Custom
Playcall Style- Conventional
Play clock- On
Accelerated Clock- On
Minimum Play Clock Time- 20 seconds
Game- 12 minutes
Camera Settings- Broadcast
Auto Strafe- On
Auto Sprint- On
Injuries- 30
Fatigue- 70
Speed Threshold- 40
Game Speed- Normal
Coach Mode- On
Weather -Random
Mode - All Games are played in exibition mode only please save the default roster for testing thank you.the default roster while out of date is quite solid and stable.Everyone needs to be using the same rosters in testing thanks. TRIPLE CHECK EVERY SINGLE SETTING THANKS!
Penalties:

Offside- 100
False Start- 60
Holding- 54
Facemask- 56
Defense Pass Interference- 100
Offensive Pass Interference- 100
KR/PR Interference- 100
Clipping- 55
Int Grounding- 100
Roughing the Passer- 53
Roughing the Kicker- 100

Player Skill:

Passing:
QB Accuracy- 50
Pass Blocking- 50
WR Catching- 50

Rushing:
Broken Tackles- 50
Run Blocking- 50
Fumbles- 54

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time- 50
Interceptions- 23
Pass Rushing- 28

Rush Defense:
Reaction Time- 45
Block Shedding- 45
Tackling- 40

CPU Skill:

Passing:
QB Accuracy- 60
Pass Blocking- 76
WR Catching- 55

Rushing:
Broken Tackles- 50
Run Blocking- 56
Fumbles- 54

Pass Defense:
Reaction Time- 50
Interceptions- 24
Pass Rushing- 43

Rush Defense:
Reaction Time- 20
Block Shedding- 11
Tackling- 40

Special Teams:

FG Power- 47
FG Accuracy- 41
Punt Power- 48
Punt Accuracy- 68
Kickoff Power- 49

****** RB SUB IN 84/ RB SUB OUT 79

Last edited by Lombardi; 08-13-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Got2Words4ya's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Coach Mode NFL Stats FF Style!

I'll be in for sure when I get the game on tuesday. Cbears2873 over at ff here, gotta say you you are one of the best slider guys out there, looking forward too getting a great set together. You made 08 fun for me and a lot of others so hopefully we can get this 1 just as good.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Definitely in once I have received my pre-order. I was planning on working on sliders until the opening day roster update before starting my franchise anyway. Don't know about you, but I want my set to be for 15 min. quarters.

On the human QB not scrambling: That is the sole instance when I allow myself to break out of coach mode. I'm not going to have my QB stand there and take a sack when I can make him run. Better that little bit of sacrilege is better than the unrealism of a mobile QB never running.

I'm a/k/a Mudcat at other sites.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
Rookie

hey mudcat good to see some FFs roaming around!
Thats actually the best thing you can do right now is scramble yourself once in a while realistically. IM a purist i really prefer not to touch anything man and let it go as is> nccaa qbs scramble and also theres a full coach mode in ncc 12 no kicking or anything like its spose to be.

as far as quater lenght i use 12 min quaters 15 sec runoff gives me perfect plays per game.Its how us old FFers do it.you can use 15 is thats your preference you would need 20 sec run off i think.I just use 12 mins becuase its what we have always used in pc with RedWolf and Roadman and such.plus the games are faster and you can play more games also 15 min games take quite a bit longer.

OK now what i need is testers i am a believer of 32 game sets anything less and you dont have pinpoint accuracy be hard for me to run 32 games by self so if you can help thats awesome

so like 6 testers or so 5 games each or so would work.

now the question is to use the first 2 weeks of the pre season or 2 first weeks of the regular season this is how testing is done old school

Once done the silders should work cpu vs cpu as well as long as we can use option one which i prefer ill explain.The key is to actually *play* *coach* like the cpu so its as fair as possible.

1) all pro you can only adjust the cpu sliders you cannot touch the hum ones or it goes to custom and from my experience with the game leaste last years the ai on custom goes way down hill you need to give the cpu huge advantages.where as if you keep it on all-pro the cpu seems to really play competitive fair and well. I do think you can do it this way and get resonable stats across the board.If not then we have no choice to use option 2.

What i really want tested is this thou if its on custom and the cpu and you have the same sliders can the cpu compete perhaps this years version is different i havent tested i need Verification on this to be sure.

2) go Custom the cpu may or may not need huge advantages.

Keep in mind i play with strict rules which i will explain in another post.Its critical that the cpu is getting his yards comp % and is competing and beating you if you are the lesser teams more times then not.

Good to see you manningtoharrison i mean mudcat

Last edited by Lombardi; 08-28-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
Rookie

I have to look at the match ups overall to see which is more preferable to use pre season weeks 1-2 or regular season 1-2 I need all teams and Kickers represented at leaste twice also using random weather.

Um every version of madden is different what worked last year certianly doenst work the next the game changes on field more then people realize. I Think im getting a fairly good feel for this years games.I will probally post my version 1 *BETA* sliders for midnight realise since thats when i assume most will get it that are getting the game leaste that next day.

p.s. If you want to test please post and say you are willing to be a tester keep in mind all games you test need to be under strict rules and also evyer single slider needs to be double checked ect before playing games i cannot stress how important this is otherwise the test result is completely invalid and needs to be run again.

in short once i put the shedual up you will pick the games you want to run out of the match ups first come first serve.

So you post and say im taking Ravens Steelers ect play your game then post the stats for both teams.Then when we have all the logs we add up all of them get our averages and then adjust silders from there.The goal of the first slider set is not to hit every stat on the mark its to get within the ballpark then adjust from there. Over time stats will hold to there truer values.The more games you play the more accurate your data is now dont worry were not playing like 256 games or something crazy 32 is sifficent its what ive always perfered and used as each team is represented twice.

Stay Tuned!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:12 AM   #6
Rookie

I need a favor of someone can anyone please post the 2010 Season averages for all relivant stats pretty please thanks! id do it but im testing non stop.

I need nfl season averages league wide for the following
pts per game both teams IE 42.6
QB comp % to the decimal ie 59.3 as example
running back yards per carry ie 4.2
sacks per team per game
FG make % this is huge for me! example 78.6%
Penalties per game per game both teams.
Punt average 44.2
Touchback %(note the ball was moved up on kickoffs so im assuming touchbacks this year will be higher as result we need to be sure we are getting enough.
im sure i missed a few stats if i did just post them for me Thank You!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
Rookie

2010 NFL League Stats

Points Per Game: 22.0
QB Completion %: 60.8
RB YPC: 4.2
Sacks Per Game: 2.2
FG %: 82.3
Yards Per Punt: 43.4

Touchbacks %: The Bottom two teams(Tampa Bay and Detroit) had a 1.28% and 3.90%. The Top two teams(Baltimore and Oakland) had a 46.15% and 31.18%.

Penalties per game: The Top two teams(Atlanta and Miami) had 3.8 and 4.5 penalties per game. The Bottom two teams(Oakland and Detroit) had 9.2 and 8.5 penalties per game.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Team-by-team stats with league average on bottom row:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...2010/index.htm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »