Home

98-90 Rose Bowl loss

This is a discussion on 98-90 Rose Bowl loss within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
Rookie

MNgoph's Arena

OVR: 1
98-90 Rose Bowl loss

Last night, I am playing in my third year of my franchise with the Akron Zips (OC). Go undefeated (#3 ranking with a C+ off and a D def) and take on the Oregon Ducks (#6 ranking with both A's for off and def) in the Rose Bowl.

First quarter ends with me leading 7-0. Half Time were tied at 21. End of 3 Oregon leads by 35-31. Fourth quarter I take the lead with 50 seconds to go 52-49, only to see that they tie the game with a last second 21yrd fg. So we go to OT tied at 52.

First OT they score and I score. (59 a piece) 2nd OT I score they score (66's). Third OT they score and get the two pt conversion. I do the same thing and get lucky on the two pt conversion. My wideout dove too catch a bad pass. So we are now at 74 to 74.

Fourth OT I score and get the two. They answer right back. (82's) Fifth OT they score again and deliver on the two pt. conversion. I get lucky on a third and goal with a tip ball that the receiver catches and get a face masking penalty so I have another set of downs. Next play my starting QB goes down, and my backup throws a td and the two point try. (90-90).

Start of the 6th OT and they start with the ball again. Of course they score and get the two points. I hit a fade for the score on the first play, but it gets called back for holding. 2nd play my star running back breaks a tackle and then FUMBLES the football... ending the greatest game ever for my Akron Zips. Unless you take out the fact that my D allowed 13-14 scores in the game.

98-90 final score. 8 minute quarters on AA with sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 98-90 Rose Bowl loss

Wow...Crazy but at least it is justice. Akron doesn't deserve to be in the Rose Bowl or beat Oregon, lol.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

How do you go undefeated with Akron? Impressive
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Rookie

ditchrider1's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMG
Wow...Crazy but at least it is justice. Akron doesn't deserve to be in the Rose Bowl or beat Oregon, lol.
HEY NOW!!! We may have been 1-11 last year but we are closer to the
Rose Bowl than you think! Go ZIPS!

This post sponsored by extreme delusion and 100% sarcasm.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #5
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

No Offense, but I dont see how people play the CPU let alone on varisty.(assumption but correct me if I'm wrong)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
Rookie

MNgoph's Arena

OVR: 1

it was All American like I said in the post. You play only online, I play hardly online. Usually my game takes over a couple of hours to play. A quarter here, play with kids. A drive there, fold laundry. Plus I hate playing against the same three teams over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
No Offense, but I dont see how people play the CPU let alone on varisty.(assumption but correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 08-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would rather play the comp than someone else. every time I play one of my buddies it turns into a barn burner. I play OD w/ friends but we never play each other. we've set the sliders where it would be impressive to get to 6 wins w/ a team like akron. First dynasty I won 5 games w/ North TX, second one I won 6 w/ KY, third I won 5 w/ ULL. Then we stopped playing because it always freezes and we cant advance anymore. No more ncaa until post-patch but the point is that u can make the comp play a good game
Old 08-31-2011, 09:00 PM   #8
Rookie

ditchrider1's Arena

OVR: 4

Agreed, I have always loved playing the CPU. My personal skill level is just right to have realistic results with a few slider tweaks on AA.

Enjoyed the few games I played online as well but like offline much better

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »