Home

Player likeness fail yet again, and so Does 12..

This is a discussion on Player likeness fail yet again, and so Does 12.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Player likeness fail yet again, and so Does 12..

I was looking forward to EA/Tiburon actually doing something this season after playing the demo and seeing how great the players looked and how the likenesses were pretty amazing this season....

Fast forward to this afternoon. Against my better judgement I purchase Madden instead of renting it, get home DL the updated rosters hoping they did my Bills right this season. Fitz has his face, no beard, but cool I can live with it, Fitz to Stevie Johnson! WHA? Stevie Johnson has his rookie pic, and looks like the create-a-Donald-Driver? COME ON MAN!!! This sad part is most of the Buffalo Bills on the game with accurate faces are now on other teams... unbelievable...I now have an unrealistic team of create-a-players.

I wouldn't be b*tching if Johnson was just your average player, but coming off a great season statistical wise, he has become one of the most popular faces in the NFL after the "Why so Serious" moment, and the infamous twitter incident. One of the most colorful character in the NFL gets interviewed after getting MVP in-game, and looks nothing like himself. skintone too dark, bald headed. How can they keep getting away with these type of oversights?

My review is this.
-commentary sucks
-Thanks for finally adding Buffalo's fight song (The Bills make me wanna shout) EA, but I couldn't hear it over lame *** lil' wayne blaring through my stadium.
-Decent gameplay, but dated
-Graphics are ok. I am not blown away with the stadiums or detail
-NO field gradation at least when I played a few games with weather.
-With the lack of presentation overhaul and terrible commentary mixed with just the same game pretty much we have played for years, there no no wonder why even this series main fans are turning on it.
-The Career mode for a created player, or existing player is just plain boring with the same repetitive coaching in your ear takes you right out of the game.

Overall i'm bored, and I don't care if it's 2k, sony, etc, just give me a damn game that doesn't grow old after 2 or 3 games. I already am skipping their "grand entrances"

5/10

Last edited by Bills_Nation; 08-30-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Player likeness fail yet again, and so Does 12..

I would also like to add that I have seen video game baseball and golf games with more excitement and emotion than this. Very very disappointed in what this next-gen football experience has delivered.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Cool story..
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Impression thread?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

Last edited by roadman; 08-30-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Cool story..

So as a Bills fan who's team gets no love from EA including stadium are just gonna be a smart ***? typical fanboy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

I must be the only one having fun with the game.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

why the hell do people keep saying there is no field degradation??? It's there it just may not be exactly the way you want it. I am sure you're looking for mud all over the field and the field completely worn out by the end of the game but seriously when do you ever see an NFL field become that way? I myself think it is done perfectly and looks great.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
Is this a joke? I must be the only one having fun with the game.
I'm sure there are others, but when you are the only NFL game in town, you should be expected to please fans of every team out there. Seems the lower teams in the league get the shaft all the time and it's not fair. The endzone's in Buffalo and other stadiums have changed, but not in game, and don't expect them to patch it either. This is what we get hyped for, this game? Seems the demo always delivers with impressive graphics and faces because of the teams involved. EA got me again...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »