Home

How do you feel about your 60$

This is a discussion on How do you feel about your 60$ within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you feel about your 60$

Just wondering how does everyone feel about their purchase was the 60 dollars or however much you paid for it worth the upgrade please explain thanks.

Ps. I know there's lots of impression threads but it seems the consensus is that the game is better, but no one has really stated is it worth 60$ dollars better. Thanks again for your input as well as whatever madden you upgraded from Madden 11, 10 etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How do you feel about your 60$

I skipped Madden the past 2 years, and when I played the 12 demo it brought the excitement back for me. I've played it all night and I'm itching to start my franchise, but I wanna wait until the rosters are a bit more finalized. Madden is definitely going in the right direction imo.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:35 AM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

If they can fix the franchise rain bug and maybe fix some of the wacky logic and limitations with the new franchise features in a patch (which I doubt is possible), then yes it's worth it. As it stands now though, definitely not.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

$60?

I only paid 38, with free shipping, from New Egg. They had a special pre-order deal back in June. 22 bucks off, free shipping and guaranteed release date delivery.

So...for 38 bucks I am happy with the game.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Because of Amazon I essentially got the game for 20 dollars, so I feel damn good about what I got for the price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

My $60 actually translates to about £40. I feel somewhat ambivalent about them. They're in the form of two £20 notes at the moment but of course I could always change them into four £10 notes. I don't think I will though as the £20 notes are a rather pretty purple colour, a bit lighter than the Ravens uniforms. £10 notes are kind of brown and slightly smaller. I could go for eight light blue £5 notes but these always tend to be very used and feel a bit cheap. After that we move into the option of coins but that's just silly.

Of course, all have pictures of the Queens head on one side which I'm not thrilled about as I'm a bit of an anti-royalist but not enough to really want to do anything about it.

Despite this, I always put the notes Queens head up in my wallet as opposed to the other way around. Weird eh?

Last edited by Johns Jets; 08-31-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Robbed. This is not a finished game, it needed either more testing or a beta. It is very broken right now with a lot of little things adding up to a big headache. I'll give them a few weeks to get the patches in order before I regret buying it, but right now it doesn't look good.

-No NCAA Draft Class import (huge to me)
-Announcing is terrible and makes little sense.
-QB acc. is off in the games i played, and almost every deep ball is a jump ball not sometihng caught in stride.
-It is too easy, and been a struggle to find the right sliders to make it fun but tough.
-The franchise menu/screen is clunky as is alot of the other screens.
-Rosters are horrible, hoping the after pre-season update fixes that.
-The 75 man roster thing is cool, but it is no fun that the cpu assigns them to you. I was looking forward to getting UDFA and maybe even having a practice squad but they half-*** this cool idea.
-Polamlu is a football god in game, and my friend was playing a game where the Steelers had him and Mike Wallace on the field TWICE. That's tough to beat (I have pics so don't worry about having to prove it.)
-Super Star mode is a joke, not nearly as fun as Road to Glory in NCAA.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:36 AM   #8
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

The game definitely has its flaws and I am disappointed on how somethings in Franchise mode are handled but on the field has been a welcoming experience for me quite enjoyable unlike Last years title when I took the game back after 2 days having it. All in all I feel my 60 was spent well although I believe what we got is a game worth probably 40.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »