Home

Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer

This is a discussion on Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

bengalboy1991's Arena

OVR: 4
Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer

I played with CJ two days ago. He played solid; but failed to have the explosive, pull away speed he had in last year's game. His acceleration is slightly above average. I think this should be tweeked in the next update. CJ is one of the few Game Changers in today's NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Chris Johnson is No Longer a Game Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalboy1991
I played with CJ two days ago. He played solid; but failed to have the explosive, pull away speed he had in last year's game. His acceleration is slightly above average. I think this should be tweeked in the next update. CJ is one of the few Game Changers in today's NFL.
IMO, he was always over powered in Madden. You can try messing with the speed threshold to make him seem even faster.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Have you guys played with Jamaal Charles at all yet? Is it the same story with him?
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

the reason imo for this is that they give to many players 90+ speed....i feel like if they scaled back the ratings where most rb's and wr's are in the 85-89 category, and only have the really elite speed demons over 90 you would see a much greater difference in the true game breakers.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Rookie

i only just got the game but it seems like the spin move is toned down (i've read that too).

could this be a reason speed backs aren't as deadly?

while it's not the same, it does seem more realistic. not every run should be long one and i was breaking a couple 40-yarders a game with speed backs (as opposed to regular guys who wouldn't get those big chunks).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
i only just got the game but it seems like the spin move is toned down (i've read that too).

could this be a reason speed backs aren't as deadly?

while it's not the same, it does seem more realistic. not every run should be long one and i was breaking a couple 40-yarders a game with speed backs (as opposed to regular guys who wouldn't get those big chunks).
The spin move has to be used with the right timing to be effective. I also found it to be more effective when playing in a faster game speed setting.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Rookie

Rouchicus's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
Have you guys played with Jamaal Charles at all yet? Is it the same story with him?

I use the Chiefs almost exclusively and it doesn't feel like I'm breaking open near as many big runs with him as I did last year. I actually kind of like it though. I felt like how good Charles was last year made me a little lazy on the sticks because I knew that his speed would get me out of just about any situation.

With Charles and Johnson being roughly the same player in Madden, I'm guessing it's about the same.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't see any players break away from the pack. Speed is not really a factor and running back especially are prone to being caught from behind.

Last night I had defenders chase me down from behind with J. Charles, Adrian Peterson, and Percy Harvin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »