Home

Inability to transfer HUT from '11 to '12 is extremely disappointing.

This is a discussion on Inability to transfer HUT from '11 to '12 is extremely disappointing. within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
Banned

Alextricity's Arena

OVR: 18
Inability to transfer HUT from '11 to '12 is extremely disappointing.

To be honest, it's almost a deal-breaker for me, and it's making me think twice. I heard you can earn Pucks in '12 based on what you did in HUT in '11, but it's a pretty big bummer... BUT. I'm still tempted to get it. Almost hockey season again. SO. CLOSE...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Inability to transfer HUT from '11 to '12 is extremely disappointing.

Hey look at it this way, everyone who paid $50+ to max their team out will have to waste their money again.. if that included you then sorry..
Old 09-11-2011, 05:44 AM   #3
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7

EA is a money making machine and Ultimate Team has been hugely successful for them. There are people out there who will drop $50+ on HUT within the first few hours without even thinking twice about it.

There were people on the FUT forums last year admitting to spending huge sums of money, teams and players from FUT sell for big money on Ebay aswell and as long as this is the case there is no way EA will let people keep their teams from the previous year as they know there will always be people out there who open their wallets at the start of a new version. You throw in the "promos" and people will throw even more silly money at it as the year goes on.

Whoever came up with Ultimate Team must be a God within EA HQ.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Uh... Yeah... Conspiracy theories aside, you've never been able to carry a franchise forward to the next game in a series in ANY console sports game, so I don't know why this would be expected or any kind of "deal breaker" at all.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
Banned

Alextricity's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
EA is a money making machine and Ultimate Team has been hugely successful for them. There are people out there who will drop $50+ on HUT within the first few hours without even thinking twice about it.

There were people on the FUT forums last year admitting to spending huge sums of money, teams and players from FUT sell for big money on Ebay aswell and as long as this is the case there is no way EA will let people keep their teams from the previous year as they know there will always be people out there who open their wallets at the start of a new version. You throw in the "promos" and people will throw even more silly money at it as the year goes on.

Whoever came up with Ultimate Team must be a God within EA HQ.
I don't even understand this. At all. I remember I got a Luongo MAXED OUT card on auction - somehow - and he had about a .650 save percentage when I played him. I find a 99 overall goalie is as good as one that's a 75.

I also find it comical people spend that much money on HUT. Where's the fun? The challenge of earning cards? "Going on up?" Maybe it's just me. I can see buying a pack or two so you have SOMEONE to lead your team, but... meh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

To me HUT is essentially a trading card game.. Each season is a new one so there is a new set of cards each year.

Why would you expect to carry a collection over to new seasons? it makes sense to start everyone from scratch. You wouldnt do it with real trading cards would you?

do you think you should keep all your battlefield or COD stats and perks for new games too?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

It is strange...I always felt the fun was getting better and better, step by step. "The Journey" so to speak is what is so gratifying. And then when ur team is strong feeling as though you actually built something worthwhile.
Every faceoff won, every penalty killed, every goal scored, every game played had even more meaning. You had something "Invested" in your team besides actual MONEY. You EARNED it.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
It is strange...I always felt the fun was getting better and better, step by step. "The Journey" so to speak is what is so gratifying. And then when ur team is strong feeling as though you actually built something worthwhile.
Every faceoff won, every penalty killed, every goal scored, every game played had even more meaning. You had something "Invested" in your team besides actual MONEY. You EARNED it.
It is "The Journey" so to speak. You earned your NHL 11 HUT team. Now you get to go on a journey are do it again, because building is more fun that sitting on top of the hill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »