Home

franchise formation subs

This is a discussion on franchise formation subs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
franchise formation subs

am i missing something or are we not able to do formation subs????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: franchise formation subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc314
am i missing something or are we not able to do formation subs????
You are able to do formation subs, however, they must be done IN GAME. But, any formation sub you do in game, will save when you save your franchise/profile. Thus, if you do a formation sub in week one, then finish the game, and save, when you re-load your franchise and play week 2's game, your formation sup will still be there.

Also, I have found a workaround to get players to sub into a position they normally couldn't play (Helpful to get certain players into QB in the wildcat cormation, or defensive players at fullback)

First you have to switch the position of the player you want to sub into a certain position. (IE switch Ndamukong Suh to FB to play him at fullback)

Now, start a game, and make the formation sub(s). Play a couple plays, and then quit the game.

Change the player's position back to his original one. Now save your franchise, AND profile.

Now, when you go to play the game, the player will STILL be subbed into the formation you put him in, even though he shouldn't be able to.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

If I sub them in during practice will it stick for the games?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
If I sub them in during practice will it stick for the games?
I honestly haven't tried in practice, but I don't think it sticks. You can try though
Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
You are able to do formation subs, however, they must be done IN GAME. But, any formation sub you do in game, will save when you save your franchise/profile. Thus, if you do a formation sub in week one, then finish the game, and save, when you re-load your franchise and play week 2's game, your formation sup will still be there.

Also, I have found a workaround to get players to sub into a position they normally couldn't play (Helpful to get certain players into QB in the wildcat cormation, or defensive players at fullback)

First you have to switch the position of the player you want to sub into a certain position. (IE switch Ndamukong Suh to FB to play him at fullback)

Now, start a game, and make the formation sub(s). Play a couple plays, and then quit the game.

Change the player's position back to his original one. Now save your franchise, AND profile.

Now, when you go to play the game, the player will STILL be subbed into the formation you put him in, even though he shouldn't be able to.
Thanks a ton bro. I was wondering about this too. I was a little confused about how to handle the Brad Smith situation in Buffalo.
Year 3 - 11-5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Rookie

MaddenFanPS3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976

Sweet! Now I can put Pryor in as QB in the Wildcat. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Is there a way to sub guys on the kickoff and kick return packages? I was looking but couldn't figure it out. It would be nice to be able to control who I have on special teams.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Is there a way to sub guys on the kickoff and kick return packages? I was looking but couldn't figure it out. It would be nice to be able to control who I have on special teams.
There isn't a way to do formation subs for the special teams formations. But, you can get certain guys in those plays through the depth chart....basically it is the second string players that see action on special teams. SO, before you pick a ST play, arrange your depth chart to make the guys you want in those plays second string on the depth chart.

I know, it stinks, but that is the way it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »