Home

NHL 12 "Be A GM" Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NHL 12 "Be A GM" Mode Discussion Thread within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
Rookie

xx19kilosoldier's Arena

OVR: 4
NHL 12 "Be A GM" Mode Discussion Thread

Just looking to see if the following issues from NHL 11 (and 10 and 09 ) Have been addressed like claimed by EA before I decide to buy the game.

Thanks to any of you who choose to help me make this choice through your opinions and experience with the GM mode this year.

Are the FA and RFA issues with the CPU AI been addressed ( ex High rated players being unsigned for whole seasons, non tendering of highly touted RFA and let become UFA)

Scheduling Issues post year one. (ex crazy schedules like 15 straight road games or back to back home games with the same team)

Players being sent to minors that have no business being there because of the CPU's inability to handle salary cap.

Does player progression "work" out of the box this year?

I really respect and appreciate the many views of the veteran BeaGM mode vets here and would really love to get some feedback before I make the choice to purchase/not purchase this year.

Thanks much in advance.
Missouri Tigers
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Sounders Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #2
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: How is BeaGM when compared to last year as far as Bugs/glitches being fixed?

I'll change this to a generall "Be a GM" discussion thread.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 12 "Be A GM" Mode Discussion Thread

Havent seen too many guys in the minors that shouldnt be. Ruslan Fedatenko and Derek Stephan with the Rangers were the best AHL players I saw in my first year of OTW Senators franchise, but in real life Stephan could struggle in year #2 like Josh Bailey did and Fedetenko is a 20 game scoreless slump away from the AHL anyway.

Not totally unrealistic.

The minor league systems are handled much better. Guys like Adam Larsson and Sean Couturier arent released into free agency as after year one both seem to get signed to entry level 3 year deals. As for player progression and great free agents sitting out a year havent simmed enough of it yet to really find out.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Does the game force you to have an 82 game season or do you have a choice this time on season length?
Old 09-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFox51
Does the game force you to have an 82 game season or do you have a choice this time on season length?
82 games only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx19kilosoldier
Just looking to see if the following issues from NHL 11 (and 10 and 09 ) Have been addressed like claimed by EA before I decide to buy the game.

Thanks to any of you who choose to help me make this choice through your opinions and experience with the GM mode this year.

[B]Are the FA and RFA issues with the CPU AI been addressed ( ex High rated players being unsigned for whole seasons, non tendering of highly touted RFA and let become UFA)

Scheduling Issues post year one. (ex crazy schedules like 15 straight road games or back to back home games with the same team)[/b]

Players being sent to minors that have no business being there because of the CPU's inability to handle salary cap.

Does player progression "work" out of the box this year?

I really respect and appreciate the many views of the veteran BeaGM mode vets here and would really love to get some feedback before I make the choice to purchase/not purchase this year.

Thanks much in advance.
1st Question - yes, the issues have been addressed. The FA is better this year - by late august, all the 85+ rating free agents were signed and the highest player left was 83 overall - boynton or someone.
2nd Question - unfortunately no, during the 2nd season, you still ridiculous schedules were you play 4 games in a row, etc.

hope that helps
Old 09-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
82 games only.
Arggg ... I hate simulating!!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

My wishes from the NHL12 wishlist thread:

Quote:
1: Be a GM needs better record-keeping. I'm seeing guys with only 4 years of stats. I can't easily go back and see what my past teams have done. It seems like Be a GM just forgets the past and moves on to the future.

2: In the off-season, the retirement page needs some filtering. I don't get why my players who retire from the AHL are listed in the enormous free agents list. I also want to see HOW my players have advanced. I love that in Madden, I can see precisely how my players have advanced or declined. In NHL11, the fact appears to be an after-thought. Yes, it does a good job of showing me during the season, but the off-season is another matter.

3: Goalies need to fatigue, bottom line. There's no purpose for a back up goalie, right now, aside from insurance in case of injury (which I've only ever had due to simming). It's just silly for a goalie to play every single game.
Could anyone answer these questions/requests? Have they been met at all, or not so much?

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »