Home

Player Roles Broken?

This is a discussion on Player Roles Broken? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Player Roles Broken?

I play in a single team offline franchise where I play with the Chicago Bears. I noticed that Cam Newton in his first year, won Rookie of the Year and had respectable numbers. Due to this and the fact of his selection as the number 1 pick in the prior draft, he was labeled as the 'QB of the Future' for the Carolina Panthers. As noted, the 'QB of the Future' suggests:

"This role means that this QB is valued by the franchise as their potential future QB. It prevents the team from drafting another QB in the first round or signing a better QB in Free Agency."

Despite Cam's performance, the Panthers had the first pick in the draft. Sure enough and despite what the role description reveals, the Panthers took a QB with the number one pick in the following draft (draft class was madden generated and NOT imported from NCAA).

Oddly, after the completion of that draft, I took a look again and Cam was no longer labeled as the 'QB of the Future'. I did not edit him which I know will drop the role.

WTF!?? Is this broken and if so, has EA acknowledged this as an error? If not, any suggestions on a work-around besides having to control all 32 teams (I really don't have the time or patience to do so)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
The roles are fine. Draft logic is messed up. There is a thread detailing the work around, but you need to do a 32 team dynasty and make a few edits to the other teams priorities.

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Gamertag: stewgilligan
Old 09-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Player Roles Broken?

thanks. do you have the link to that thread? i don't think i have the time or energy to cover up for EA's mishaps (again) but am at least curious to see what the workarounds are.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
thanks. do you have the link to that thread? i don't think i have the time or energy to cover up for EA's mishaps (again) but am at least curious to see what the workarounds are.
Here ya go

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=507491

On, On, On, To Victory!!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianBird
He said this was NOT an imported draft class though, it was Madden generated. Therefore that workaround isn't relevant, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by howemj192
He said this was NOT an imported draft class though, it was Madden generated. Therefore that workaround isn't relevant, right?
Dropping kicker/punters priority is for the NCAA classes. If you drop QB, it works for both.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianBird
The roles are fine. Draft logic is messed up. There is a thread detailing the work around, but you need to do a 32 team dynasty and make a few edits to the other teams priorities.
Whether it's the draft logic or not, this means that the roles don't work as designed. It specifically says that it prevents a team from drafting another QB in the first round.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Whether it's the draft logic or not, this means that the roles don't work as designed. It specifically says that it prevents a team from drafting another QB in the first round.
Doesn't matter if the draft logic is broken.

You do this fix and the roles work as intended. On top of that, teams draft on need rather than top rated player. That means no more p/k in early rounds.

I think the words you were looking for in this situation were "thanks, I'll try that out.

On, On, On, To Victory!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »