Home

Hows Everyones BAP gong?

This is a discussion on Hows Everyones BAP gong? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Rookie

MrYaz's Arena

OVR: 1
Hows Everyones BAP gong?

I started one through the CHL route. Picked a Offensive minded Defender and having some fun with it, hanging around the blue line while the play goes on and sometimes sneaking down when a hole opens for a quick one timer.

Hows everyone elses going?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Hows Everyones BAP gong?

I`m having my doubts about the sim engine.....especially with the rest of this games issues.

I`d be expecting to hear sprockets and gears flying apart soon.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
I`m having my doubts about the sim engine.....especially with the rest of this games issues.

I`d be expecting to hear sprockets and gears flying apart soon.
As am I. I've stopped playing BAP for now, but the 9 games I played (LW-TWF-Tri City (WHL) - Superstar) were very lacking on the sim portion. Of the roughly 45 goals scored through 9 games, a whopping 4 of them have occurred during a sim portion when I was NOT on the ice.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

II LiveHard II's Arena

OVR: 3

My BAP is going well. I started in the CHL and I've played about 12 games. It's very fun and the new physics and such add a lot of realism. One thing that is fixed that I love is coming and going from the bench. I love it.
NHL: Montreal Canadiens

Old 09-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Raddus's Arena

OVR: 1

Sim seems fine to me. Started a 2WF LW in the WHL (Everett Silvertips). Played first 25 games. Had about 70 points. Simmed to prospect game, played that. Player of game. Finished with like 150 points (102 assists)

Simmed to playoffs. Won WHL playoffs. Won Memorial Cup.

1st overall pick to Florida. (though they didn't finish last in standings, so either the game has some kind of lottery mechanism or they traded up).

My only beef with it so far is the odd freeze, and the fact that my cards do not unlock. I get the "You have unlocked your pro card" notices from the GM but in my Performance Tracker I'm still stuck with just the amateur card while the rest are still locked. Oh, and BAP is still way too easy for anyone with any hockey sense. 30 games into 1st NHL season and leading in almost everything.

Last edited by Raddus; 09-22-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 01:01 AM   #6
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I was drafted by Nashville in the second round. Leading the team in scoring even though I am only on the second line. Even though there are at least 2 PP a game my team stats are stuck on 9 PP through 15 games. Something is wrong.

Additionally, my team averages about 1 goal a game if I dont score one or set one up. The AI for my team looks like pewee hockey compared to the opponents AI.

Other than that, its fun.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:23 AM   #7
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Got 1 game in on BAP, went with CHL route and chose Owen Sound Attack as my team just because of Joey Hishon (Being an Avs had to do with this). RW on the first line and had 1 goal and an assist in my first game.

I played another game where I had 0 goals and 4 assist but for some reason it didn't save .

Last edited by Kobalt; 09-22-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #8

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

The sim seems fine to me, what frustrates me is the lack of teammate AI, it's certainly better than in years past, but it still amazes me that some of these virtual players don't kill themselves trying to get out of virtual bed in the morning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »