Home

Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

This is a discussion on Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

I'm only a few days into NHL 12, and already the game's much-touted "Full Contact Physics Engine" is revealing itself to be glitchy, annoying and completely unrealistic.

The right-stick body checking isn't at blame. It's the retuned "instagib" hip check R3 button, which one-hit kills anyone who happens to graze the polyester on your player's jersey while he's -- or this year, she's -- treating opponents to a full moon.

Read More - Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Total garbage, glad I skipped this. When they had problems last year in online shootout mode figuring out if you Won or Lost, you knew there was problems. Not to mention cheese goals

Now this impact/physics engine NHL and FIFA have look completely terrible. How does this game get released like this? Does anybody play test it?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
EA Sports....
Old 09-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

If you play offline, this isn't a problem at all. I haven't had the CPU hip check me in an unnatural way and I just use regular checking.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
EA sports dumps their NBA game but then doesnt even get their other games right... waste of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA needs to get better man. They used to run the sports gaming a while back but it's as if they don't care anymore. People aren't gonna spend 60+ dollars on a game that lacks realism anymore.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Here's the deal. Would you rather see EA Sports give an effort and introduce more physics into their game at the detriment of having wonky animations happen from time to time? Or the same old non-physics?

HOPEFULLY they can tune it down via a patch because it is an issue. Also: have yet to see a penalty for a hip check that happens completely outside of the play.

With that said, it can be argued the physics on REGULAR hits and normal game plays has improved by a significant margin. The trade-off for weird-*** hip checks for more realistic physics is fine by me.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
I already returned. I played a couple of games to know I didnt want to have anything to do with this game. NBA 2k12 is coming out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »