Home

Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Defense

I'm having a very hard time keeping up one on one they always blow past me last year you could hold LT and guess the direction they would go and cut them off with the right stick but now that only
Makes me put my hands up not sure how to keep up with them I'd appreciate some advice on what to
Press and when to press it.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Defense

Personally, I don't hold onto LT that much. I press it to stick with them but when they start doing moves, I back up enough so I can get in front of them if they try to blow past me.

Or, I'll back up enough so I don't get rocked but still stay close enough to contest their jumper.

These are basically principles I apply from my real life to the game.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Have you went into Training Camp and learned the technique? It actually shows you how to play defense this year.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Personally, I don't hold onto LT that much. I press it to stick with them but when they start doing moves, I back up enough so I can get in front of them if they try to blow past me.

Or, I'll back up enough so I don't get rocked but still stay close enough to contest their jumper.

These are basically principles I apply from my real life to the game.
Yea same thing I do but it seems like they just run right by me even if I'm sitting right in their path idk how to body check them if that makes sense
Old 10-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Have you went into Training Camp and learned the technique? It actually shows you how to play defense this year.
Yes I did training camp but it doesn't show you how to guard someone all it shows is post D, how to block, steal , and put your hands up. Nothing about how to nothing about actually guarding someone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
Yes I did training camp but it doesn't show you how to guard someone all it shows is post D, how to block, steal , and put your hands up. Nothing about how to nothing about actually guarding someone
Use LT+RT to cut off slashers much more quickly. You should only use it in bursts though, don't use it the whole time. I've stopped the CPU and users online from driving quite consistently using this.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
That's funny. On-Ball Defense was lowest priority in Training Camp. It had four basic lessons that had nothing to do with keeping the man in front of you. They didn't even touch the crouch position.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Use LT+RT to cut off slashers much more quickly. You should only use it in bursts though, don't use it the whole time. I've stopped the CPU and users online from driving quite consistently using this.
Mind explaining that a little bit more. Do you press the triggers and move the left stick in front of them? And what do you mean by not using them the whole time? Sorry just frustrated and annoyed that I can't stop anyone when I was pretty good at it the last few games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »