Home

Players from Youth Academy

This is a discussion on Players from Youth Academy within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6
Players from Youth Academy

How come they don't have traits or specialties? Do they get those after some time on their own?

Will their ratings go up if they are in the academy or do they have to play? How many years until they are actually useful?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Players from Youth Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax17
How come they don't have traits or specialties? Do they get those after some time on their own?
Good question. Haven't seen this happen yet.

Quote:
Will their ratings go up if they are in the academy or do they have to play?
They'll go up in the academy.
Quote:
How many years until they are actually useful?
Depends on the player and the club. I've seen players come out of the academy rated high 50's and low 60's, which make them occasional players on my side. If you're using Man United, I suspect that they won't be.

Try to keep your players in the academy for as long as possible, since the CPU doesn't seem to want to loan them until they turn 18. Speaking of which, loan them out to get their ratings up further instead of leaving them on the bench.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17

i have one cb who i signed that had the strength trait. his overall was 65 and his value was around 7.5mil .
Old 10-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #4
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6

Strength, bah, I have crappy CB's on my team that have strength, this is disappointing it would really make the players seem more real if they had traits and specialties.

It would be really cool if they had traits strait away, like injury prone, then they develop specialties as they progress, let's say a young Gerrard, first the long pass, then the long shoot, then complete midfielder.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do players actually progress? I ask this because I signed a great young player who cost me 130K in a signing fee and came in at 66 ovr. He was worth over 7M walking in the door. I played him in every single game for Ajax with him scoring 30 goals yet at the end of season 1, he is still a 66 ovr. Halfway through season 2 with 14 goals already, he is still a 66 ovr. This guy was supposed to have a potential of 85-91.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLsportsfan
Do players actually progress? I ask this because I signed a great young player who cost me 130K in a signing fee and came in at 66 ovr. He was worth over 7M walking in the door. I played him in every single game for Ajax with him scoring 30 goals yet at the end of season 1, he is still a 66 ovr. Halfway through season 2 with 14 goals already, he is still a 66 ovr. This guy was supposed to have a potential of 85-91.
wow thats crazy. i finally got up on the loaning thing. i had a bunch of guys on the bench. i only loaned out young ppl that would see a benefit. most of the guys i loaned out have gone up at least 1pt. the few ive brought up from youth academy that are still on my team dont play enough really to go up steadily but im still hoping for a point or so before season is up.

it seems like ur guy should def have gone up a few points by now. i mean i have guys on my team who have gone up +3 in a season and a half and theyre older like 24
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 12-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

There's actually a thread at over on the EA FIFA forum discussing this topic. Apparently post-patch, youth players aren't really progressing significantly. As a result, player ratings end up really low across the board the farther you get into MM.

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1065/1052115.page

Some quotes from the thread:

Quote:
IMO the player progression system is totally broken right now:

# of players rated 70 or higher at exactly age 20 at the start of CM: 96

# of players rated 70 or higher at exactly age 20 at the start of 2018-2019 season: 4, all of whom were guys I scouted, came out of youth academy with initial ratings from 65-68 and had potentials of 85-91 (and I played them as much as possible).

eta: To go a bit further there are TWO players not on my team/scouted by me in my CM game under the age of 23 with a rating above 70 as of 2018. Is anyone else seeing this type of thing or am I unintentionally doing something crazy wrong?
Quote:
I'm in 2020 and it's becoming increasingly more difficult to scout high rated and good potential players for me too.
Quote:
I'm in 2017 and i found a 73 rated CB ages 18 playing in Norway and a 70 rated RM from Sweden aged 18. Apart from that there are no players besides the ones i have over 70 and under 21.
Quote:
I'm 2022 and there are only five players under 29 that are 80+ (on the other teams). Two of them are academy graduates that I let go.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 12-10-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

That doesn't make me feel too great right now...

Should I just delete the patch and go pre patch with another dynasty?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »