Home

Does 3PT% need tuning?

This is a discussion on Does 3PT% need tuning? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30
Does 3PT% need tuning?

So we've been getting mixed feedback with regard to 3PT shooting %'s offline and online. Some say it's perfect, some say the %'s are too high. Looking at the league leader stats online, the 3PT %'s look to be spot on. But nevertheless, we need to be sure before patching anything.

So do you guys think that 3PT shooting should be tuned? If so, in what way? If you have complaints, please provide as much detail as possible.

For example:
- offline, online, open, contested, great shooters, poor shooters, perfect timing, bad timing, certain shot types, against users, against AI defenders, My Player, Quick Game, Ranked Online, certain difficulties, what %'s are you seeing? etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Does 3PT% need tuning?

In my experience so far offline the CPU does seem to hit alot of contested/hand in the face 3 point shots. Not sure if others are having the same experience so far. But I do want to play a few more games to see how consistant this problem is. I do remember one game though I had against the 95 Orlando Magic, they shoot 10 for 12 on 3 point shots on me and honestly most of them were contested 3point shots.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Im offline only, and I really dont have an issue with excessive 3pt shots

The trouble I had the first day was learning that you can't just pack the paint and not switch on defense and picks and expect the wide open guy to not make some

Anyhow, that said, isnt that what the sliders are for...guys really want 3's to be toned down because what I saw was the 3pt slider at 50, higher than any of the other shooting sliders...maybe thats part of the problem?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Please don't touch it. Then people are going to complain they can't hit any threes.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

offline-quickgame. franchise,season
-yes they need to be toned down.
-teams are too quick to take the 3 if they are left open. it doesnt matter if they are great shooters or poor shooters.
the amount of threes for alot of teams seem to be on athe higside as well regardless if they are makes or misses.
-Too many players have the 3 point icon.
-percentages at default sim,casual, seem to hover around 45-55%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

At first I thought my percentage was way too high. Then I realized I was just running plays and getting open all the time.

It's perfect.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #7
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I've played about 8 games online and about 8 games offline. In the online games, I'm not seeing crazy 3 pt percentages like everyone else is. I'm yet to have a game where I shoot over 50%, and I shoot at least 10 3's a game. The problem is not so much the success rate of the 3 pointers, but rather the lack of contesting by the AI defenders. I'm finding that in offline and online games, the majority of 3 pointers I shoot are without a hand in my face, so of course, it's easy to hit 3 pointers on back to back, sometimes three consecutive trips.

If anything needs to be patched, it's the defensive awareness of closing out on shooters. For offline, I play with my midrange and 3 point sliders set at 47, and I'm still able to go 7 for 10 in games with a Ray Allen or Brandon Jennings. It's because, like I said before, defenders aren't contesting my shots.

In situations where defenders actually do get a hand up, the shooting motion is not affected at all, so it's like the defense isn't even standing there.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 10-11-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would say that the 3 pt. percentages are probably a little high in my online experience. In games I've played with smooth connections, the percentages have been really high, low to mid 40% for both sides on average. One game an opponent went 8-10 beyond the arc with Ray Allen and many were contested jumpers.

On the laggy games, the percentages go way down because it's nearly impossible to time it correctly. Based on what I've heard, most people are having a whale of a time getting smooth connections so that may be skewing the data you're looking at.

Good luck though. Besides the wildly inconsistent nature of the online experience on PS3, I'm enjoying the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »