Home

Custom Playbook - I Form

This is a discussion on Custom Playbook - I Form within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Custom Playbook - I Form

Does custom playbook work correctly now? I lost mine after one of the patches and I'm finally getting around to making a new one. The one I'm trying to create is based on Pitt which has the I Form Tight formation that I use a lot. However, the I Form Tight formation is not in the list of available formations for me to choose from. Is there an issue with some formations missing when trying to create a new playbook? I created a Defensive playbook based on the 4-2-5 and didn't notice anything different than before. Any help is appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcbryde
Does custom playbook work correctly now? I lost mine after one of the patches and I'm finally getting around to making a new one. The one I'm trying to create is based on Pitt which has the I Form Tight formation that I use a lot. However, the I Form Tight formation is not in the list of available formations for me to choose from. Is there an issue with some formations missing when trying to create a new playbook? I created a Defensive playbook based on the 4-2-5 and didn't notice anything different than before. Any help is appreciated.
I form tight is still not there.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Custom Playbook - I Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I form tight is still not there.
It's apparently a locked formations for certain base playbooks now, for example, TCU's.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
It's apparently a locked formations for certain base playbooks now, for example, TCU's.
I don't understand why they would do something like that. The playbook needs to be totally open. No locked formations whatsoever. It should start off as use a template or start with blank playbook. Pick a goal line formation or not then pick what you want from there. We also should be able to pick order of formations and sets. Then we should be able to pick our own formation audibles.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I don't understand why they would do something like that. The playbook needs to be totally open. No locked formations whatsoever. It should start off as use a template or start with blank playbook. Pick a goal line formation or not then pick what you want from there. We also should be able to pick order of formations and sets. Then we should be able to pick our own formation audibles.
And we should be able to get rid of all the formations we don't want. *cough* Shotgun-Y Trips *Cough*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
I assume it's to allow them to be used online, but I really don't know.

one thing I hate the most is that you can't use the custom playbook in practice mode that is inside of OD. It'll always use whatever playbook you selected when you created your coach.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I assume it's to allow them to be used online, but I really don't know.

one thing I hate the most is that you can't use the custom playbook in practice mode that is inside of OD. It'll always use whatever playbook you selected when you created your coach.
I hate that too but I think it uses ur team default. I'm almost positive because in my OD I get Baylor's default playbook and not VaTech's whose I could still use.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFB13
And we should be able to get rid of all the formations we don't want. *cough* Shotgun-Y Trips *Cough*
Funny thing is I use all my "stuck" formations except Shotgun Spread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »