Home

Some questions...

This is a discussion on Some questions... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2
Some questions...

before I start my dynasty. Just got this game. I haven't done a dynasty since '08 so I have some questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Which roster would be the best to use for a: a realistic dynasty, as well as b: a realistic Madden 12 draft class? I've looked at like 4-5 different ones, but I would like to get the community's opinion. Mustangs84's is pretty good (even though some players are a little off), but would that one be good for both dynasty and draft class? Or should I use different rosters for both? Also, I noticed that no roster files have Terrell Brown (6'10 beast on Ole Miss). Did I overlook him or should I just create him?

2. Anybody have a roster file for the Independence Day Achievement (win the NC with BYU)? I don't really feel like wasting time editing all of the BYU players into studs.

3. Any glitches or bugs that I should worry about in Dynasty mode? Or anything that I should know in general before I start?

4. Is All-American safe to play on for realism this year, or is it still broken (cheesy CPU, like All-Pro on Madden)? If so, should I just play on Varsity with max CPU sliders?

5. If All-American is the way to go, what are some good slider sets for realistic gameplay that isn't overly difficult? Also, what should the penalty and fatigue sliders be set to this year?

6. Man or zone for defense? Because I used to run zone almost exclusively (about 95% of the time). It was boss. Then it seemed they toned down the zone effectiveness in later releases. Is it good this year or is man (or Cover 2) the way to go?

7. Is every running back and quarterback Brandon Jacobs this year again? Or do they actually react realistically with defenders? Last gen's NCAA and Madden seemed to have the running game perfect, but ever since the jump to next gen, it seems that every time the CPU runs the ball the HB or QB breaks about 9 tackles for way more yards than they should. The CPU drags defenders (linebackers, tackles, corners, doesn't matter) forward for positive yardage on almost every running play. They never get stuffed or seem to react realistically with big defenders. It's extremely frustrating because I've always prided myself in stopping the run (I never let anyone run for over 100 yards on me back in the last gen versions).

8. How is recruiting this year? I plan on starting with a 1-2 star school, so will it be overly difficult or should I be able to get some OK talent? Any general tips or tricks for this year?

9. Any money plays this year for offense or defense? Nano blitzes, etc? I don't play online, btw. I'm just curious.

10. What is up with the coach prestige? Gene Chizik is an A+? I also noticed that he was a B or something in Mustangs84's roster, while Saban was like a C. Is this a joke? I also noticed that all coaches have low prestige in his roster file. Is this so teams don't get stacked or something? Curious as to the reasoning for this.

11. Any of the DLC worth it? Or the Online Pass? I don't really plan on playing any cheesers, so online play isn't really important to me.

12. Can you add TeamBuilder teams to the current 120? Meaning, can you actually add new teams or do you have to replace a current team like previous years? Also, how many slots can you have this year?

13. Can you actually have more than 2 alternate uniforms for you created team this year, or are you still limited to only 4?

14. What exactly is this playbook glitch that everybody has been talking about? Has it been patched yet?

15. Speaking of patch, when is the next one planned for?

That's about it. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I noticed that Oregon's band (may have been ASU, but I'm not 100% sure) was playing the Castlevania: SOTN Dracula theme (the first boss fight). If it wasn't, then it sounded exactly like it.

Last edited by Landonio; 10-16-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Some questions...

11. The DLC is way overpriced for its usefulness.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

I posted this exact same topic on GameFAQs and got absolutely slammed for some reason. O_o I got called "a cheeser", and "lazy" for asking for sliders and roster suggestions. I don't even play online, nor do I use cheesy tactics against the CPU or my friends. I try to play as realistically as possible. How am I a cheeser?

I also don't have the time to sift through dozens of roster files and spend hours testing sliders when I know that I can easily get some suggestions and recommendations from nice people on message boards. Nor do I have the time to play a legit dynasty with BYU just for an achievement. Why would I do that? I actually have a life outside of games. I was just wondering if anyone had made a roster file for it to save a lot of time for others. Doesn't really make any sense why I'm getting bashed.

Definitely like this community a lot more.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

6. Man or zone for defense? Because I used to run zone almost exclusively (about 95% of the time). It was boss. Then it seemed they toned down the zone effectiveness in later releases. Is it good this year or is man (or Cover 2) the way to go?

I run a mix of both. The effectiveness depends on your sliders in my opinion. Depending on your players skill and the speed threshold it could be easy to get burned

12. Can you add TeamBuilder teams to the current 120? Meaning, can you actually add new teams or do you have to replace a current team like previous years? Also, how many slots can you have this year?

No you have to replace teams with teambuilder teams
12 slots out of the box

10. What is up with the coach prestige? Gene Chizik is an A+? I also noticed that he was a B or something in Mustangs84's roster, while Saban was like a C. Is this a joke? I also noticed that all coaches have low prestige in his roster file. Is this so teams don't get stacked or something? Curious as to the reasoning for this.

The progression is a little too easy. It is tied to player progression. The strange ratings in you roster file are probably tied to this concept.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-prestige.html

14. What exactly is this playbook glitch that everybody has been talking about? Has it been patched yet?

Plays were missing and corrupted. Hurry up was broken. Hurry up is fixed. The playbooks are as fixed as they are gonna be. There are still plays you can't remove from the CPB

There is 4th patch in the works for what and when we don't know.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-4-works.html
Old 10-23-2011, 04:34 AM   #5
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

Thanks. Also, what's this I hear about the some of the sliders being inverted? If true, seriously EA? *smh*

Which ones are screwed up? And does this mean that the CPU sliders are really the Human sliders, or that 100 is low and 0 is actually high? Or both? O_o
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
before I start my dynasty. Just got this game. I haven't done a dynasty since '08 so I have some questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Which roster would be the best to use for a: a realistic dynasty, as well as b: a realistic Madden 12 draft class? I've looked at like 4-5 different ones, but I would like to get the community's opinion. Mustangs84's is pretty good (even though some players are a little off), but would that one be good for both dynasty and draft class? Or should I use different rosters for both? Also, I noticed that no roster files have Terrell Brown (6'10 beast on Ole Miss). Did I overlook him or should I just create him?

I edit custom sliders. I change them game by game depending on how the game is going. But I've heard a lot of people using SECEelite's.

2. Anybody have a roster file for the Independence Day Achievement (win the NC with BYU)? I don't really feel like wasting time editing all of the BYU players into studs.

No. But it's easy enough to give them a 99 overall QB HB and WR, or you could just play on Freshman.

3. Any glitches or bugs that I should worry about in Dynasty mode? Or anything that I should know in general before I start?

Coaches progress quickly, and if you're an OC or DC it doesn't register if your games are on TV or not, hurting the TV Time pitch. Not a biggie.

4. Is All-American safe to play on for realism this year, or is it still broken (cheesy CPU, like All-Pro on Madden)? If so, should I just play on Varsity with max CPU sliders?

IMO, yes.

5. If All-American is the way to go, what are some good slider sets for realistic gameplay that isn't overly difficult? Also, what should the penalty and fatigue sliders be set to this year?

SECeliete's. And max out interference and offside penalties. Lower clipping a bit. Raise the others to 60 and you're good, IMO.

I use Man, mostly.

7. Is every running back and quarterback Brandon Jacobs this year again? Or do they actually react realistically with defenders? Last gen's NCAA and Madden seemed to have the running game perfect, but ever since the jump to next gen, it seems that every time the CPU runs the ball the HB or QB breaks about 9 tackles for way more yards than they should. The CPU drags defenders (linebackers, tackles, corners, doesn't matter) forward for positive yardage on almost every running play. They never get stuffed or seem to react realistically with big defenders. It's extremely frustrating because I've always prided myself in stopping the run (I never let anyone run for over 100 yards on me back in the last gen versions).

It's pretty realistic.

8. How is recruiting this year? I plan on starting with a 1-2 star school, so will it be overly difficult or should I be able to get some OK talent? Any general tips or tricks for this year?

You can get 2-3 3* and a lot of 1 and 2* your first few years. You can find a few 4* without scholly's around week 5 that you can land.

9. Any money plays this year for offense or defense? Nano blitzes, etc? I don't play online, btw. I'm just curious.

I don't play online, so IDK.

This is because by year 7 or 8, all coaches are A+ prestige otherwise, making players progress way too quickly.

11. Any of the DLC worth it? Or the Online Pass? I don't really plan on playing any cheesers, so online play isn't really important to me.

No

12 slots, you must replace them with real teams when starting a dynasty.

13. Can you actually have more than 2 alternate uniforms for you created team this year, or are you still limited to only 4?

Only 4 total unis.

Not overly sure, never affected me at all.

No clue. EA never said.

That's about it. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I noticed that Oregon's band (may have been ASU, but I'm not 100% sure) was playing the Castlevania: SOTN Dracula theme (the first boss fight). If it wasn't, then it sounded exactly like it.
Answers in bold
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »