Home

My Player Legend Training Camp Boosts.

This is a discussion on My Player Legend Training Camp Boosts. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
My Player Legend Training Camp Boosts.

For those of you wondering what the legend training camp boosts are and don't feel like saving up for them. Here you go.

(All bonuses are +1 and dollar amounts are in millions, and only one can be attended per season)

Karl Malone 1M - Shot Inside, Defensive Rebound, Stamina, Strength

Bill Russell 1M - Defensive Low Post, Block, Defensive Clutch, Defensive Awareness

Jerry West 3M - Shot 3PT (This is funny because Jerry West never played with a 3pt line) Hustle, Offensive Clutch, Durability.

Dr. J 4M - Standing Dunk, Dunk, Quickness, Offensive Awareness

Stockton 4M Pass, Shot Mid, Off Hand Dribbling, Steal

Scottie Pippen 5M - Spin Layup/Dunk, Hands, On-Ball Defense, Vertical

Isiah Thomas 6M - Crossover, Ball Security, Speed, Consistency

Kareem 7M - Post Hook, Shot Inside, Block, Offensive Rebound

Hakeem 8M Post Shimmy Shot, Shot Close, Block, Defensive Rebound.

Larry Bird 8M - Fadeaway, Shot 3PT, Free Throw, Consistency

Magic 9 -Spin, Layup, Pass, Emotion

MJ 10 - Dribble Pull-up, Dunk, Shoot in Traffic, Speed

I put the *** There to highlight the fact that every training camp over 4M will increase an ability by +1. So Poor -> Average etc.

--My thoughts: Everything 4M and under is worthless. +1 for that much money isn't worth the value. None of these can be afforded until almost the end of the 4th season after you've signed your big contract. If you really want to your character to be an inhuman superhero buying attribute cap bonuses is FAR more valuable. For 1s, 2s, and 3s Isiah's is probably the most valuable as by the time you can afford it you've probably maxed out at least 3 of the categories, and then you can simply buy back the points, take the training camp, and have a ton of bonus skill points.

edit: Update:One more important thing that I need to add, and people may not have noticed is that by the end of the season you'll only make 70% of the total money on your contract. So if you're planning to squeeze one of these in by seasons end then you'll need to account for that. You'll get payed through the playoffs too, but for those who may go to a team and still fall on hard luck, or get bounced early you may not have enough cash to buy one before the next season. Plan accordingly.

Last edited by Hotobu; 10-19-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
MVP

Re: My Player Legend Training Camp Boosts.

Just bumping this once to make sure people who may be curious see it.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont even understand what you are trying to convey? and how do you put a classic player in legend anyway ?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsioux
I dont even understand what you are trying to convey? and how do you put a classic player in legend anyway ?
Perhaps you didn't read the title of the thread? MY PLAYER Legend Training Camp Boosts.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Wow, these really are totally worthless. I mean...10 mil for a +1 in 3 skill point categories and a bump up in dribble pull up? Are you kidding me 2k? And like you said, we won't even be able to afford most of these until 4 full years in, where the vast majority if not every single one of us will already be maxed in every area already. Looks like YET ANOTHER very disappointing part of My Player this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealN42
Wow, these really are totally worthless. I mean...10 mil for a +1 in 3 skill point categories and a bump up in dribble pull up? Are you kidding me 2k? And like you said, we won't even be able to afford most of these until 4 full years in, where the vast majority if not every single one of us will already be maxed in every area already. Looks like YET ANOTHER very disappointing part of My Player this year...
The ones over 4m (that increase abilities) are very much worth it - 27,000+ skill points takes a bit of time to accrue, and by the time you can afford these, you should be swimming in money from your negotiated contract deal and so 4m is relatively inexpensive.

Thanks for posting these Hotobu - I kinda figured they would be structured like this, but knowing details going forward will help me plan out progression better.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Thx for posting this info Hotobu! I'll defiantly use this to help fine tune my guy.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

nice work but with the horrible trades doubt i make it past year 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »