Home

If one of my players cuts to the rim while they're open one more time.....

This is a discussion on If one of my players cuts to the rim while they're open one more time..... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Angry If one of my players cuts to the rim while they're open one more time.....

.....I'm going to launch my controller at this TV. Is this only happening to me? I would have shooters wide open on the wing or the corner, and when I decide to pass it to them they suddenly decide to move/cut and the ball ends up stolen.

I'm like I'm passing you the ball because you are open!!!! Stay there please!!!! I'm not leading them to the basket either. Any ways to prevent this from happening so much?
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: If one of my players cuts to the rim while they're open one more time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
.....I'm going to launch my controller at this TV. Is this only happening to me? I would have shooters wide open on the wing or the corner, and when I decide to pass it to them they suddenly decide to move/cut and the ball ends up stolen.

I'm like I'm passing you the ball because you are open!!!! Stay there please!!!! I'm not leading them to the basket either. Any ways to prevent this from happening so much?
Play 2k11...
Old 10-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

That was one of my biggest "My Player" gripes...

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 10-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Banned

play 2k10.......
Old 10-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #5
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

You can direct where you want the players to go by pressing the left stick while pushing the A button. Never had this problem cause I direct them to catch the ball on the wings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Same thing was pising me off earlier in My Player. 3-on-1 fast break, Channing Frye and Jared Dudley both on the wings.

I icon pass to Jared Dudley who isn't even cutting mind you and as SOON as I hit the B, my guy gently lofts the ball directly to the defender under the rim and THEN Jared Dudley decided to cut for the pass when he was just spotting up 2 seconds ago.

Really, guy?
Old 10-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:

This is one of the most annoying things on this game. One of the most annoying instances is when i set up a pick and pop and once i get in the paint he cuts, im like wtf.

If i wanted you to cut I would have done a pick and roll.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

This has happened to me on a few occasions as well. Mind you, I am not leading the player to the basket at all, but for some reason they give up an open jumper and run to the basket, and I get a turnover. I get a little heated when they do that also..lol. For the most part it doesn't happen, but when it does, it is very annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »