Home

Anyone miss these days REALLY bad?

This is a discussion on Anyone miss these days REALLY bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Anyone miss these days REALLY bad?

Madden 2002-2004 was really the glory years. I could not put the controller down, I felt they nailed absolutely everything. The replays, the graphics, the player likeness and face scans. The scouting, the draft, the competition on all madden level offered SIM play out of the box.

If I had one wish... it would be to have things be like it was back then. I will always cherish these years of football gaming for the times I had playing it. It was truly remarkable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone miss these days REALLY bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithSwagger
Madden 2002-2004 was really the glory years. I could not put the controller down, I felt they nailed absolutely everything. The replays, the graphics, the player likeness and face scans. The scouting, the draft, the competition on all madden level offered SIM play out of the box.

If I had one wish... it would be to have things be like it was back then. I will always cherish these years of football gaming for the times I had playing it. It was truly remarkable.
I miss them too...

The days when sales weren't guaranteed and EA had to do everything they could to make an elite game. Those days are gone now. I like this years Madden just fine. It just isn't the same as it was back then.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19

No doubt the game play was way better than it is now.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Banned

KCClassic7807's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh yeah!! I think we all can agree on that!!! The countless hours I would spend playing with my older brothers. It was crazy. The custom playbooks, Created Rosters, taking your memory card everywhere just to pop some Madden in and play. Where playing sim or cheese didnt matter. Were I would just enjoy playing the game of Madden. Back then though, I didnt know much about football though.

Now a day, being a little older, I now appreciate what Madden is doing. They are making there games user friendly for the kids, and also the same for the hardcore player. When you stop trying to look simulation football in Madden, and you just play sim-style, and apprecate Madden for what is, You have a very good product compared to when it came out on the current-gen 7 years ago.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I also agree.

Back then playing Madden was on a whole other emotional level. I also enjoyed all the get together we had back then playing the game and talking mad smack.

I also remember being nice in Madden back then got you crazy respect You was the talk of the neighborhood

It really was a big deal lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

That was my honeymoon period with my brand-spanking new PS2. I was blown away by the graphics, having not played any football game since my Sega Genesis in college. The depth of franchise mode almost blew my mind. That was a HUGE leap, and like you, I spent an obscene amount of time on the sticks back then.

That said, when I finally made the jump to PS3 and put in NCAA 11.....I felt almost the same way. Fell in love with it instantly and although I don't have the spare time I did 10 years ago, still played it a LOT, and enjoyed every second of it. I'm 38 and have seen football games come a looooooong way, and that Madden 2002-2003 period is at the top of my nostalgia list.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 10-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
That was my honeymoon period with my brand-spanking new PS2. I was blown away by the graphics, having not played any football game since my Sega Genesis in college. The depth of franchise mode almost blew my mind. That was a HUGE leap, and like you, I spent an obscene amount of time on the sticks back then.

That said, when I finally made the jump to PS3 and put in NCAA 11.....I felt almost the same way. Fell in love with it instantly and although I don't have the spare time I did 10 years ago, still played it a LOT, and enjoyed every second of it. I'm 38 and have seen football games come a looooooong way, and that Madden 2002-2003 period is at the top of my nostalgia list.
This is the top of my nostalgia list.

Look at that playbook!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 46

how was the frnachise mode in 2004?
i love the player roles from 07/ps2.
Does the better gameplay of 04 offset the lack of features in franchise? or does it still stack up to -05-07?
Also, why not include 05 in the list? Just curious? As many here say that was the best.
Did things get taken out of 05?

Just trying to see you guys think.

Last edited by econoodle; 10-27-2011 at 04:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »