Home

Interceptions: DBs only makes the hard catches

This is a discussion on Interceptions: DBs only makes the hard catches within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Interceptions: DBs only makes the hard catches

I have seen it for several years in NCAA football, but after my most recent game I decided to ask if it was just me.

Am I the only one seeing the DBs (both cpu and user) make tons of spectacular catches (one handed, huge leaps, off tips or sometimes through receivers bodies) while constantly dropping passes right to them that hit their hands?

I'm not saying there should be more or less interceptions. I get the right amount per game. Its just frustrating seeing me call the perfect defense and having a defender all alone in a zone starring at the qb and waiting for the ball... and then gets hit in the hands and drops a sure pick, only to make a crazy catch a few plays later.

I know defenders do sometimes drop passes right to them and there will be drops. I was just trying to see if I am the only one who tends to see lots of spectacular db catches, but maybe only 5% of ints that hit the db's hands actually get picked (unless user caught).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Interceptions: DBs only makes the hard catches

Linebackers, too. It always sucks when a pass that's expertly placed over the MLB instead gets picked one-handed when the MLB was sprinting in the opposite direction.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 10-31-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Agree. Most of the DB's interceptions come when they never saw the ball. Then when they're in zone, staring the ball down and having it thrown straight at them, they can't catch it for a million dollars. This just kills me in online games because DB's will make unrealistic interceptions when I'm throwing a clean throw, but they'll drop the wide open picks my opponent throws at them.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Agree. Most of the DB's interceptions come when they never saw the ball. Then when they're in zone, staring the ball down and having it thrown straight at them, they can't catch it for a million dollars. This just kills me in online games because DB's will make unrealistic interceptions when I'm throwing a clean throw, but they'll drop the wide open picks my opponent throws at them.

Seriously. I hate it. My star CB with a 93 rating and 82 hands (converted WR) dropped two easy picks in the flat that were thrown at him like he was the WR, yet making a diving 1-handed int to save a TD . I was like WTF?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »