Home

Do YOU like the challenge or to dominate?

This is a discussion on Do YOU like the challenge or to dominate? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you rather go through the grind or go to final fours early? (Read thread first)
I want realism no matter how frustrating it may be. 61 88.41%
I want to pull a Shaka Smart every year! 8 11.59%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18
Do YOU like the challenge or to dominate?

I've noticed a lot of people on here (some fairly new to the game, some not) that will play a closed legacy and in about 2 seasons they are dominating. I've seen guys play like 6 seasons with some crap team from the Big West and get to the final four like 4 times before taking a new job. Personally, I really dislike that way of playing. There is no real challenge to that and to me it feels like doing that would be taking out the best part about competition: The competition. It also takes out the realism of a small time coach grinding it out for years before getting to a mid-major etc.

So I have a question for you guys: Would you rather make a final four or two as a small time coach and get a major job or make the sliders challenging and actually go through the grind of being a small time coach where every single game has a huge impact?

I'd love to see what feedback you guys may have

Last edited by VandyRedskins21; 10-30-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Titans4lyfe's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Do YOU like the challenge or to dominate?

I'm in the realism category. When it's more challenging to make the tournament, it feels that much better when you do make it. I finally won a tournament game in Year 5 of my legacy and it felt so good.
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils
Old 11-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I have been enjoying my run as Toledo. I went 20-10 year 1 and had to win my conf. tourny to make the dance it was a hetic 3 games that made it so much better when I made it. To top it all off I upset Vanderbilt in round 1 76-67 they beat me earlier in the year and when I went to round to and took on #14 seeded team (forgot who) that upset Purdue they started the game 8/8 from the field where I was 0/6 and held an 18-0 lead I ended up losing by 4 and my season was over. Year 2 I am looking good but, it will still come down to winning my conferance tournament.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 13

I love the challenge which is why I took the worst team in the game, Grambling State with a 58 overall rating, I'm playing MOP with 20 minutes half so I know its going to be challenge, plus there's the fact that I lost by 80 points to Texas in my debut game >_<
Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Realism. If I want to dominate I'll take an elite program and run that way but when I go through career mode I want to keep it realistic as possible. If that means I get fired, so be it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #6
Rookie

mistershadez's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
Realism. If I want to dominate I'll take an elite program and run that way but when I go through career mode I want to keep it realistic as possible. If that means I get fired, so be it.
This......

South Carolina Gamecocks
| Atlanta Falcons | Golden State Warriors
Old 11-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #7

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I love the challenge
Old 11-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I definitely want realism. If I'm using a team like Idaho State, I don't mind taking my share of beatings, especially against the big boys. The occasional upset is so much sweeter whenever you are coming off of a 25-30 point embarassment at home in my opinion. I've always had more fun using the underdog and trying to create Cinderella magic rather than using a perennial Top 25 team and dominating most of my games. I would take a 16-17 win season with a mid-major or small conference school over a 30 win season with powerhouse anytime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »