Home

The 2012 New York Knicks: The Filler Year?

This is a discussion on The 2012 New York Knicks: The Filler Year? within the NBA Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
The 2012 New York Knicks: The Filler Year?

Lockout's over, time for the new thread.

Not much will happen in terms of personnel changes as we have zero assets to use in a tade and will be waiting patiently with our cap space for next summer with our eyes on CP3. Jerome Jordan may be the only "new" person of interest besides Iman & Jorts, Hahn reported that he'll demand a trade if he isn't on the NBA roster to start the season. Don't know how warranted that demand is.

Amare and Billups seem to be healthy.
First full year Amare & Melo will play together.
How fast and how hot does Pringles seat become? Does he make it through the year?
What will Iman give us? Don't forget the collective NBA fan base laughed at us for picking him.

We're still a year away from that third "elite" piece and hopefully being a contender thus the "filler year" title. Hopefully Melo & STAT can develop their chemistry, Iman can prove he's a rotational player and we learn exactly what Landry Fields is. Besides that I'm probably expecting another 5-7 seed (depending on what other teams do in FA/amnesty).

Let's go Knicks!!!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 11-30-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The 2012 New York Knicks: The Filler Year?

I expect the Knicks to make a couple of Vet minimum offers. Also since we are over the CAP, I believe a MLE is available to us.

This part is tricky because if 2012 is what we think is best, then signing someone to a MLE blow's those plans out-of-the-water. Personally I would rather build with what we have & try to sign DeAndre Jordan to that MLE. Move STAT back to PF for this season & go from there.

Though I would love CP3, there seems to be too much sacrificing having to be made in order to make that happen. For both the Knicks & CP3

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 11-30-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
MVP

Porschebenz2001's Arena

OVR: 18

Really looking forward to this season.

Just read something about Dalembert. That'd be nice.
NFL: New York Jets
Old 11-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I expect the Knicks to make a couple of Vet minimum offers. Also since we are over the CAP, I believe a MLE is available to us.

This part is tricky because if 2012 is what we think is best, then signing someone to a MLE blow's those plans out-of-the-water. Personally I would rather build with what we have & try to sign DeAndre Jordan to that MLE. Move STAT back to PF for this season & go from there.

Though I would love CP3, there seems to be too much sacrificing having to be made in order to make that happen. For both the Knicks & CP3
He'd be matched in a heartbeat by LAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschebenz2001
Really looking forward to this season.

Just read something about Dalembert. That'd be nice.
He's not taking a 1-year deal.

I don't really care too much about this season. I just want the following and I'll be a happy camper:

1. Don't waste 2012 money signing someone to a long-term deal.
2. Hope Jerome Jordan can give us what he's given overseas.
3. Hope Iman Shumpert shows the PG IQ to be able to hand him the keys if we happen to lose out on one of the elite PGs.
4. No injuries, no injuries, no injuries.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about going after CP3 and putting our team through the same thing we did to get Melo. It'll be hard for us to just sign him outright because he'll have to take such a pay cut and we'd still have to dump our entire roster to do that.

Or we can try another extend and trade but that'd definitely clear whats left of our roster and whatever picks we could still trade. And then it'd take us another two seasons to round out our roster again.

I'd rather find a reasonable, budget PG and C and try to build a team with what we have.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I used to be split between camps of "Get CP3" or "spend the cap space on a center and a 4th good piece".

I'm not anymore, I want CP3. If we get him then we are in a very similar situation financially to Miami. We have our three stars, can get a decent player using the MLE and then have to fill in the contracts. If it weren't for LeBron being a child mentally then Miami steamrolls Dallas last June. We can get the pieces we need via MLE and miminum contracts to contend in the East and do so for five years baring injuries.

Amare/CP3 in the pick-n-roll game makes my mouth water. Melo's integration into the offense will be less than smooth but it'll work out. Defense will be a question of course.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

Agh. CP3. Why did he make that toast!?!

Anyways...I'm riding with this young fella (until he airballs his first 3 ).

Chip on my shoulder

Shumpert vs. Derozan

Last edited by bigeastbumrush; 12-02-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

A bulked up Landry Fields (also heard that Toney Douglas bulked up after offseason shoulder surgery):

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball > NBA Official Team Threads »