Home

Is There Any Way to Make the Triple Option Game Usable?

This is a discussion on Is There Any Way to Make the Triple Option Game Usable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Is There Any Way to Make the Triple Option Game Usable?

I really want to roll with Army in a dynasty, but they are unusable since the DBs stand around and act like they're paralyzed when I run the option to the outside, which allows me to rip off touchdown runs on just about every other play with Army.

Is there any solution to this? If there's not, then this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in a football game.

I like NCAA 12 overall, but to not be able to use the option, which is a HUGE part of college football today, is unacceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Is There Any Way to Make the Triple Option Game Usable?

What sliders do you use?

In year 5 of our dynasty I switched to the flexbone using Texas. 88 spd/acc QB, Malcom Brown running the b-back and two 5* guys as my splitbacks. DBs react just fine for me. Overall the defense reacts pretty well to it. I'd post my sliders, but I have no idea what they are right now.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Yeah, check your INT slider. Not sure if it has the same effect as in '11, but when I lowered it too far I got the same effect, DBs standing there while the back would run on by. I think Play Rec rating is tied to the INT slider. Again, these are my findings on '11, so results might vary...
Old 12-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
What sliders do you use?

In year 5 of our dynasty I switched to the flexbone using Texas. 88 spd/acc QB, Malcom Brown running the b-back and two 5* guys as my splitbacks. DBs react just fine for me. Overall the defense reacts pretty well to it. I'd post my sliders, but I have no idea what they are right now.
These: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html

What level are you playing on? I've seen it happen on AA and Heisman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Yeah, check your INT slider. Not sure if it has the same effect as in '11, but when I lowered it too far I got the same effect, DBs standing there while the back would run on by. I think Play Rec rating is tied to the INT slider. Again, these are my findings on '11, so results might vary...
My INT slider is at 45 for the CPU and 20 for HUM. I won't have a chance to play again until Thursday, so I will check then and see if that solves it.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

This seems to be something that some people get and some people don't. I guess I will see when I get home tomorrow night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
Banned

Quique987987's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I really want to roll with Army in a dynasty, but they are unusable since the DBs stand around and act like they're paralyzed when I run the option to the outside, which allows me to rip off touchdown runs on just about every other play with Army.

Is there any solution to this? If there's not, then this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in a football game.

I like NCAA 12 overall, but to not be able to use the option, which is a HUGE part of college football today, is unacceptable.
I can't use Navy for the exact same reason. I started a dynasty as their offensive coordinater, and in my first game against one of the generic FCS schools I put up 111 points and averaged about 35 yards per carry on my 1100 yards. I thought maybe it was because of how horrible those teams are, but I had very similar results against Western Kentucky and South Carolina ( the yards and score were much lower against SC, but I still averaged about 14 yards per carry).
Old 12-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's a complete joke. This is NCAA '12, not NCAA '05. It shouldn't be happening. I love this years game but this is a major flaw. It's like not being able to run ISO or HB slam b/c the LB's just stand there. How do they not fix this?

I had to ban the option from my league b/c of this. I didn't want to but there's nothing you can do. "it is what it is"
Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

It does this for me whether I try to run the flexbone trip-option, or a spread-option...with is my favorite offense to run so it really sucks...effing EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »