Home

A strong defence or offence to start your franchise? :D

This is a discussion on A strong defence or offence to start your franchise? :D within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
A strong defence or offence to start your franchise? :D

Let's see what our members do If you're pretty much using a new team, and changing the roster top to bottom do you guys tend to choose defence or offence first?

I always have drafted a strong defence first, and never allowing myself to use free agency until the season starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: A strong defence or offence to start your franchise? :D

Defense, obviously. You can get by on offense with a servicable QB, a mediocre HB and one or two decent receivers, since you as a user pretty much control everything meaningful that happens on offense, you can substitute a lot of lack of player skill with user skill.

On defense, you control a very small part of the meaningful game yourself so you have to rely on CPU controlled players to do their job.

An offense with 4 mediocre players and scrubs for the rest can still score huge points easily in Madden. A defense with 4 mediocre players and scrubs for the rest will get slaughtered every single game.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agreed. Defense will be your best asset in the first 3 seasons especially if you need a QB.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I ALWAYS start with a cupcake created team and I tend to get a half decent O-line first off, followed by a half decent HB figuring if i can get some kind of a run game going I may be able to hit abit of playaction.

Then I go for the defensive makeover.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

I build from the draft and draft the best player available.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do a little bit of both. I usually start to get a few playmakers on offense, but start to build up the defense in year 2 or 3. I started with the cardinals this go around and they already have a few keys in place defensively, with patterson (sp?) and cromartie. And of course they had Fitzgerald but i traded him because I got AJ Green on my team. This season I may try and get Julio jones but I dont see that happening...

It just depends on your play calling approach I feel.. Do you want a smash mouth offense, or a shut em down, lock down airtight defense? Me, I'm trying to get both... Wonder how many years it'll take me before I do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »