Home

Madden NFL 12 mirror sim to NFL regular season(?)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 mirror sim to NFL regular season(?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden NFL 12 mirror sim to NFL regular season(?)

On my Madden NFL 12 (PS3) I'm attempting to do a franchise mode that mirrors the current NFL season. I've realized (After trying to keep up with rosters week-by-week...) that it's pretty impossible to do week-to-week because of rosters changes, accurate scores and accurate stats, while not impossible to replicate, it would probably take me until next season to accomplish. As I tried replicating real scores for two weeks and I basically just gave up after two games took me about four hours to complete.

So I am mainly going to concentrate on accurate wins and loses, etc.

Before I begin I have a couple of questions:

1) While I know the EASports Madden NFL 12 team releases roster updates usually every week, but have they ever come out with a download file with something like this? The mirrored wins,losses, stats, etc.? Might be an idea for Madden NFL 13 if not.
A. If not EASPorts, has anyone here or elsewhere done this on their game and have the file available for DL?

2) I hope to complete this before the playoffs get underway and be able to share this with everyone so those that want to try and build upon this accurate season can.
A. What type of file size do I save it as, and what (free?) sites can I share this file to so anyone that wants it can use it?

Okay, that was technically 4 questions

Thanks in advance for any help/info anyone can provide.

-mattman2900
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 mirror sim to NFL regular season(?)

I've been attempting the same thing for the past few days, but it's been to no avail. If you pull this off please DM me or post it back up here, but let me just answer your questions in order.

1) To my knowledge, EA has never done anything like this, it's hard enough to get them to do patches let alone whole season releases.

1A) This is my first year actively following for Madden updates (i.e. Draft Classes, etc.) but I haven't been able to find any previous downloads like this

2) All you would do, once you finalize simulation of the season, is save the Franchise at the playoffs. You would then transfer that saved "Franchise" file from your PS3 to your computer via a USB Thumb Drive. Once on your computer, use the program winzip (although you might be able to just zip it with Windows built in, but I know it doesn't compress files as well sometimes) to compress the "Franchise" save file, for easier uploading/downloading. After that, sites like mediafire com or sendspace com allow for free file uploading, and will store the file for some time for others to download. One you've uploaded it there, just come back here and post the link given to you from media hosting website after upload, where realism nerds like myself will be waiting with baited breathe.

Hope that helped, good luck, and I'll be waiting to see how it goes for you.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Hey there. So I was going to forgo the current rosters and just use the latest ones I have which I think is week 15-16, as I have a franchise at the current week with the correct wildcard matchups, but as I was playing the games for fun, in the CIN/HOU - houston won and ended up being paired with the Patriots for the Divisional round. Still trying to figure out why this is. I tried about 5 different times to sim the wildcard round and finally the 5th time it matched up the Texans with the Ravens. So I don't know.

I'm going to get this file uploaded so those that want it can use it, but I'm also going to do a sim with the wildcard week rosters, which I hope to have completed in the next week before the divisional games, and I'll post that file when it's ready. - I'll probably leave the WC games for that file unsimmed so you can do what will with that week.

So let me get the first file up. should be up in a little bit.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #4
Rookie

Alright here's the link. After unzipping it, I'm pretty sure it needs to be placed in your saved data folder for PS3 before launching the game.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tn4h97

once in the game and under load franchise look for the one called "NFLREPDEC2"

Let me know if it doesn't work. Like I said the rosters are not wildcard ready, they are week 15-16 or possibly further back, don't really remember. Anyway, I think that's it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by mattman2900; 01-07-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Rookie

As I mentioned via PM, I dont think the game actually recognizes the NFL's playoff setup
But either way, bravo for pulling this off, and hopefully some others stumble upon this and bump it up, because you deserve it for all the hard work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Interesting find: The game wouldn't allow to me to load the file because "it was created by another user." Once I found this, I looked for a work around, and found this
www ps3hax net/2011/02/ps3-save-unlocker-by-coldreader/

It changes the file that has the user information by copying one of your own, Im going to test it now to see how it works.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Actually this was the first time I've had it screw up playoff matchups. In my non-mirror sim franchises it got all the seeds and matchups correct... then again maybe that was just by accident, lol.

Thanks, it took me only about a week to complete and that was off and on, so it's not all that hard - it's just time consuming.

I just downloaded the roster update last night and might try again - and try to do the real scores, week by week.

The only thing that really irks me with the franchise in madden is preset weather...If the NFC championship is in GB, it's going to snow...even if the live game in two weeks it turns out to be 65 and breezy in GB, nope you play it in the game - it's gonna snow.

So it would be nice to have control of the weather in franchise to mirror the weather for the live games or for our non-mirror sims, if we want to play week 3 in SF in the snow... let us!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
Rookie

UPDATE:

The NFO gimmick didn't work. Apparently with further reading it seems to possibly be a limitation from the game itself and not the PS3.

Sounds like I'm going to have to do this on my own hehe.
SO with that said, any tips haha?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »