Home

Old 01-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

OVR: 0
Playability

Do you guys do anything to make the game harder? I have never used any draft paths and as long as i dont foolishly spend money i have rarely fell short of the conference championship game and the team/coaches and your skill only gets better and i lose interest and start a new dynasty... what do you guys do to make it realistic but a challenge at the same time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Playability

Most establish house rules and adjust sliders. Me, I do my best to make sure Performance is the last thing I raise. I try and keep Performance in the 2-3 range for all my coaches, and will only raise it when it's the last thing left. I also avoid all GM special skills beyond the 1st rank.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

OVR: 0

If you adjust the sliders as you get better will you be able to tell the difference? or will you have to just change the entire set
Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

I Supersim every game to avoid the ridiculous 70-3 kind of games the janky gameplay engine produces so often. I also avoid the Hall of Fame sleepers everyone knows about like Leron James, Bellows, the Bomas etc. If you go for those guys its way way way too easy to build a stacked team in 1-2 seasons.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 01-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Just curious which teams you start with?
I've tried several, usually the bottomfeeders, and struggle mightily at times (cough - Raiders - cough)...

Still LOVE this game though (and wish even more of it could filter quickly into the next Madden - Or just copy the entire code over).

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
Just curious which teams you start with?
I've tried several, usually the bottomfeeders, and struggle mightily at times (cough - Raiders - cough)...

Still LOVE this game though (and wish even more of it could filter quickly into the next Madden - Or just copy the entire code over).
Lately I've just picked a random team and simmed the entire 1st season, then I either get fired or leave and pick one of the teams that offers me a job. I guess that's just cause I've already played careers with all the teams I really wanted to take over from the start. The best team to start as for me in this method is the Bucs cause it typically kills the usual Bucs dynasty in this game. Even as a Bucs fan I hate seeing them win SB after SB.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 01-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

Scoobyskyline3, I'm exactly the same boat: love the game but it gets way too easy to build a super team. That's why I started my slider research (see it in sliders section) to see if I could come up with a set that makes the CPU have an advantage. Unfortunately, I verified that the sliders are broken. But I did come up with a set that so far provides me with the best challenge for games. It's now very rare where I have a game where I blow out the other team, even after a few seasons of building up my super roster.

The other house rules I use are:

1) Don't use the gameplans in game
2) Always rest one practice each week
3) Do not raise coach skills until after the season is done
4) Raise Performance skill last; instead focusing on development skills
5) Calls plays for the situation and not based on learning (learning makes a HUGE difference in game success).

Hope this helps...
Old 01-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

Oh, I forgot #6: I avoid the Jack English and Ozzie Jones drafts, because they are loaded with easy-to-find 90+ players. It's way too easy to build a super team by year #2 with those drafts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »