Home

New RTTS features for 12?

This is a discussion on New RTTS features for 12? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
New RTTS features for 12?

Have they announced anything new for this feature for 12 The Show? Haven't been paying any attention to any of the news. After searching for about 30 min's, i'm unable to find anything.

A helpful link would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: New RTTS features for 12?

PSNation recapped some of the new features of RTTS in an article he wrote. There were a couple nice changes but nothing drastic. The only thing i remember specifically is that you now start as your teams top prospect. I would link you but i am SO tired here on the west coast so hopefully someone else can.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

http://www.psnation.org/2012/01/20/m...d-to-the-show/
Old 01-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Can we get invited to Spring Training at all?
Old 01-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

What I really want to know it information regarding being a catcher in RTTS. For the past 2 years I have been forced to play positions I don't play in real life because of the catching situation. Having to sit there for over an hour calling every pitch for your team, and then having to hit. This would be great if I'm off from school for over a week and I can go all out in The Show but after the 2nd inning, it just gets boring. Especially in the Minor Leagues where I don't know any of the pitchers. I wouldn't mind it as much if I was catching the Phillies rotation but most of the time, its some random guy in AA.

I think what SCEA should do is to give you the option to play only plays that involve the catcher. Similar to a shortstop where you only have to play plays that involve the shortstop (Ground Balls, Steals, Double Plays). However, for catchers you should only have to play plays that involve the catcher. Plays including, Steals, Bunts, Foul Pop-Ups/Pop-Ups around the plate, and possible plays at the plate. It would be cool if they add a feature for catchers where on plays at the plate, you have to position yourself to be able to recieve the ball, block the plate and make the tag. However it is very unlikely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
What I really want to know it information regarding being a catcher in RTTS. For the past 2 years I have been forced to play positions I don't play in real life because of the catching situation. Having to sit there for over an hour calling every pitch for your team, and then having to hit. This would be great if I'm off from school for over a week and I can go all out in The Show but after the 2nd inning, it just gets boring. Especially in the Minor Leagues where I don't know any of the pitchers. I wouldn't mind it as much if I was catching the Phillies rotation but most of the time, its some random guy in AA.

I think what SCEA should do is to give you the option to play only plays that involve the catcher. Similar to a shortstop where you only have to play plays that involve the shortstop (Ground Balls, Steals, Double Plays). However, for catchers you should only have to play plays that involve the catcher. Plays including, Steals, Bunts, Foul Pop-Ups/Pop-Ups around the plate, and possible plays at the plate. It would be cool if they add a feature for catchers where on plays at the plate, you have to position yourself to be able to recieve the ball, block the plate and make the tag. However it is very unlikely.
While I think the situation for catcher (or RTTS fielding in general) can still be improved and hopefully evolve from the current state, there simply may still not be many interesting fielding opportunities for catchers that stand out... (no offense since I used to play catcher as well...) Many important plays that catchers need to do are back-up type of plays, like running toward 1B upon infield grounders in case of errant throw, etc.

Heck handling pitches in the dirt, that's very important! But I don't think there is yet any mechanism that makes these rather specific plays interesting. In that case, why don't you just skip all fielding opportunities?

Not that I'm against improvement in the area though... like I mentioned I think there's still room to grow in that area.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
While I think the situation for catcher (or RTTS fielding in general) can still be improved and hopefully evolve from the current state, there simply may still not be many interesting fielding opportunities for catchers that stand out... (no offense since I used to play catcher as well...) Many important plays that catchers need to do are back-up type of plays, like running toward 1B upon infield grounders in case of errant throw, etc.

Heck handling pitches in the dirt, that's very important! But I don't think there is yet any mechanism that makes these rather specific plays interesting. In that case, why don't you just skip all fielding opportunities?

Not that I'm against improvement in the area though... like I mentioned I think there's still room to grow in that area.
I hear what you're saying. I just think that for us catchers we need to be represented equally. Those shortstops get the chance to play the plays that involve their position. Even though there are plays that involve them that they dont have to play. Like they dont have to play every play where a ball goes out into the outfield and they have to take the cut or make the tag at second base. Or when a left fielder has to come in to back up a throw from the catcher with a runner stealing third base.

It's just that I love catching. I'm looking at colleges to play at where I will be catching and not backing up or playing thrid base because I really do love catching. And when I'm playing the show, I want to catch! But I just don't have the time. But I know what you mean with the plays other then popups, steals and bunts. I really do wish SCEA gives us catchers some love in terms of what you said, maybe a blocking mechanism or like I said, a play at the plate mechanism.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I hear what you're saying. I just think that for us catchers we need to be represented equally. Those shortstops get the chance to play the plays that involve their position. Even though there are plays that involve them that they dont have to play. Like they dont have to play every play where a ball goes out into the outfield and they have to take the cut or make the tag at second base. Or when a left fielder has to come in to back up a throw from the catcher with a runner stealing third base.

It's just that I love catching. I'm looking at colleges to play at where I will be catching and not backing up or playing thrid base because I really do love catching. And when I'm playing the show, I want to catch! But I just don't have the time. But I know what you mean with the plays other then popups, steals and bunts. I really do wish SCEA gives us catchers some love in terms of what you said, maybe a blocking mechanism or like I said, a play at the plate mechanism.
Not making any promises @ this point, but we are aware of this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »