Home

Marlins Park Outfield Wall Color Tone

This is a discussion on Marlins Park Outfield Wall Color Tone within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Marlins Park Outfield Wall Color Tone

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows the answer to my question. I went to Marlins' Fanfest yeterday and had a chance to see the new stadium firsthand, and in my opinion it is gorgeous. Seeing that many people on these forums posted videos and pictures of the new stadium I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. I was surprised though to see that the outfield walls are a very bright green in real life and in the game they are dark green. In other words, the outfield wall tone colors do not coincide. I know the guys at SCEA do an excellent job and try very hard to replicate the stadiums in "The Show". Does anyone know what caused the discrepancy in the tone of green used for the outfield wall in the game? Thanks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Marlins Park Outfield Wall Color Tone

It's hard to judge because of the shadows, but it looks pretty accurate to me.

Although in several stadiums in the Show, some of the wall colors aren't very well represented.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

Werent the devs only given a theory of what it would look like and had to "guess" on the small details and colors.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm glad they got the trees removes and black drop color right in Target Field. I am sure next year Marlins park will look much more accurate.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7

Those walls look the same color as the virtual billboards behind the plate. I wonder if the Marlins and MLB plan on placing virtual ads on the OF walls for TV games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
Those walls look the same color as the virtual billboards behind the plate. I wonder if the Marlins and MLB plan on placing virtual ads on the OF walls for TV games.
Yeah, that wall almost doesn't look right. Is that thing even padded? Can't tell. No yellow home run line or anything. Maybe it's the color scheme behind the padding (even though they have distance signs up), or maybe they're just waiting to put up the real ads, then it would look more appropriate.

Either way, we've gone over the color thing before. Essentially, SCEA will be making their decision on when/how they'll be going about a color scheme overhaul. The walls are one thing, the grass is another, the dirt is another, the sky is another... even the seat colors are another. They're all off, and Miami isn't the only stadium which shows that issue.

I'm under the impression that the palette is applied before the lighting system comes into place, which might throw things way off for better or worse (also given that they're different surfaces, they all look like different coats when the light sources shine on them. This might mean we are looking at a change in the lighting next year if we want to see an actual change in all of these colors.

Again, this isn't just a one ballpark/one surface thing. It's all around the game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

On a side note, is the out-of-town scoreboard missing from right field as well?!?!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Rookie

dajar777's Arena

OVR: 1

Maybe a night game pic would help shed some light on the subject. So far all of the pics are day games and one pic shows a bright green where the sun is shining on it in left field. can anyone with an early release help out??
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »