Home

MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25
MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread

I didn't see a thread like this in here yet and I was curious how all y'all are doing in your franchises...so it seemed like a perfect time to create a thread like this.

I'll start, my Tigers chise (in my signature below) has started off a little rocky. I'm 2-2 after I got shut out for the 2nd game in a row (Buchholz and Helickson got me.) Prince and Miggy aren't swinging all that well yet and I've scored a total of 6 runs in my 4 games. But on the positive side, Verlander and Fister were excellent in their starts. The rookie hurler Jacob Turner is debuting in my game that I'm playing right now against Tampa.

EDIT: Turner pitched well and got me a W...the only win I got against Tampa as I lost 2 of 3 against them. If you want to check it out more, click the link in my sig haha

Last edited by TheNumber35; 03-06-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Banned

fearme504's Arena

OVR: 1
Started a franchise with my Astros off to a 0-2 start in spring training....trying a few young guys out before I sin to the regular season...got shut out in my first game 8-0 by the orioles wandy rodriguez got torn up in my second game against the bravest I had a home run in the first and that ended up being my only score of the game Norris pitched very well aside from a homerun to heyward-bey I actually managed 11 hits but could not get around the bases...here's hoping for a better offensive output in my next game against the nationals

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2K12 Official How's your Franchise Going Thread

Poorly so far. Being the A's and all I lose a lot. I'm playing 1 game a week and simming the rest. I created Cespedes, and made him pretty decent, but I have no idea if he'll actually be good. As for the games I've played I lost them all. Except for the very first one I played in spring training when I scored 4 runs. In the 6 or 7 games I've played since then I have scored 3 total runs. I'm very bad at hitting. I'm not patient enough yet. And I've cost myself at least 3 more runs by stupid base running. And likely at least 1 win.

The A's are 14-21 at moment and last in the AL west. As the season progresses, I'm probably going to unload McCarthy for as good a prospect as I can get. I haven't made up my mind on Fuentes/Crisp/Suzuki yet. They all have another year on their deals, but I want to get bang for my buck so I can field a more competitive team as soon as possible which currently looks to be 2014.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddert
Poorly so far. Being the A's and all I lose a lot. I'm playing 1 game a week and simming the rest. I created Cespedes, and made him pretty decent, but I have no idea if he'll actually be good. As for the games I've played I lost them all. Except for the very first one I played in spring training when I scored 4 runs. In the 6 or 7 games I've played since then I have scored 3 total runs. I'm very bad at hitting. I'm not patient enough yet. And I've cost myself at least 3 more runs by stupid base running. And likely at least 1 win.

The A's are 14-21 at moment and last in the AL west. As the season progresses, I'm probably going to unload McCarthy for as good a prospect as I can get. I haven't made up my mind on Fuentes/Crisp/Suzuki yet. They all have another year on their deals, but I want to get bang for my buck so I can field a more competitive team as soon as possible which currently looks to be 2014.
Yeah, the A's are challenging to play as because they have a lack of hitters honestly. The pitching is alright (but the trades of Gio and Trevor really thinned them out in the rotation.) The A's aren't playing all that well in my franchise with the Tigers. They sit at the bottom of the AL West 3 games back of the 3rd place...Angels? Yes! The Mariners have started off pretty well and are a mere 1/2 game behind Texas for the lead in the AL West.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Atlanta Braves-chise:

I am in spring training still tweaking sliders to my liking for realistic results, based off mkharsh slider set and rosters. Just as in real life I am very concerned about the Atlanta lineup as far as hitting is concerned. Pitching I am not concerned about, as their is plenty of depth, and actually might trade some pitchers with underperforming position players to get some more bats. Particularly 3rd base ofcourse with 39 year old chipper, will not drop or trade him as I will let him retire as a Brave, but have to think longterm as well as this season. The game is fun and the commentary is amazing this year, really in depth. Do not want to hear about Braves dismal ending to 2011 season anymore though....

I will post how things are going along with roster moves as soon as I get to regular season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15

10-2 with Milwaukee on Pro, Default Sliders.
Won a bunch of close games. Axford has 5 saves already. Had a few big wins. I also just got shutout my last game. So all in all, no unrealistic games.

Gamertag: BMann1976
PSN ID: Introvert1976

Last edited by GrandMaster B; 03-13-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

Checking in with my Tigers again, I've come strong out of the gate to get a 25-16 record just past the quarter poll of the season. Miguel Cabrera is leading the charge for Detroit with a .377 average, 16 HRs and 42 RBIs, he's challenging for the triple crown, being 2nd in all three categories. Prince Fielder has had a pretty solid start, with a .290 average, 8 HR and .17 RBI)

Doug Fister is dominating for me, 6-1 with a 1.79 ERA and 73 Ks through his first 8 starts and Verlander's been pretty good too. Jose Valverde is 15 for 15 in saves and Rookie Jacob Turner is 6-2 with a sub 3 ERA. Overall, a good start for me and my team as we lead Cleveland by 5 games for the division.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2

Cardinals year 1

Off to a slow start out of the gate, 0-4. just got swept by the brewers, lost 2-3, 3-4, 5-1. Can't get the big hit when i need it. Gotta bounce back soon, no pujols hurts haha
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »