Home

BUGLE987 MLB 2k12 ALL STAR SLIDERS (360 Only)

This is a discussion on BUGLE987 MLB 2k12 ALL STAR SLIDERS (360 Only) within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
Banned

bugle987's Arena

OVR: 19
BUGLE987 MLB 2k12 ALL STAR SLIDERS (360 Only)

I have been playing the MLB 2k series for a long time and have been participating in sliders and rosters for the past few years on OS. This year I have decided to create my own. My roster project is in progress if you want to see that the thread is :http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-project.html

But this is about sliders, last year I helped out Blazzen and was a frequent participant in mkharsh's. This year I have decided to take that knowledge and do my own. The whole reason for doing this, is to have realistic gameplay and results, and that's really what I want most when I create my sliders. I look at past stats and league averages from the last year to see what averages your trying to get per game.

Here our last years averages in each league per game

NL:
  • HR- .88 per game
  • Hits- 8.58 per game
  • Runs- 4.12 per game
  • K's- 7.26 per game
  • BB's- 3.11 per game
AL:
  • HR- 1.00 per game
  • Hits- 8.82 per game
  • Runs- 4.46 per game
  • K's- 6.90 per game
  • BB's- 3.05 per game
Now when you play your averages might be a tad lower or higher depending on who you play with. Your going to hit more HR with the Yankees then you are with the Astros, but the average should still be close to this. Also, you see the NL is a better pitching league while the AL is full of power like in the AL East and Rangers and Tigers. So this also plays in a little. I haven't gotten to play much but I have thrown together some sliders to start. These in no way are the finished ones, and I want feedback on how the play and corrections that need to be made. If possible, after you play a game give me the box score or brief paragraph of the game to tell me what was wrong or what you liked, or just how the game went because I always like hearing interesting comments and stories about the games.

1st Set:

User Batting:
Batter Contact: 30
Batter Power: 60
Bunt Contact: 20
Bunt Success: 20
Batter Eye Frequency: 10

CPU Batting:
Batter Contact: 70
Batter Power: 100
Bunt Contact: 50
Bunt Success: 50

User Pitching:
Meter Speed: 75
Pitch Speed: 75
Pitch Break Influence: 50
Composure Influence: 25
Pitcher Control: 25

CPU Pitching:
Pitch Speed: 75
Pitch Break Influence:
Composure Influence:
Strike Zone Tendency:
Pitch Success:

User Fielding:
Throw Accuracy: 55
Gather Error Frequency: 55
Throwing Error Frequency: 60
Outfield Throw Speed: 60
Infield Throw Speed: 55
Outfield Run Speed: 25
Infield Run Speed: 25

CPU Fielding:
Gather Error Frequency: 55
Throwing Error Frequency:
Outfield throw speed:
Infield throw speed:
Outfield run speed:
Infield run speed:

User Fielding:
Base runner speed: 40
Pick off success:
Catcher Arm strength:
Catcher Arm Accuracy:

CPU Fielding:
Base Runner Speed: 40
Catcher Arm Strength: 50
Catcher Arm Accuracy: 45
Hit N' Run Tendency:
Sac Bunt Tendency:
Squeeze Bunt Tendency:
Base Running Aggression:
Steal Aggression:

Pitcher Fatigue- 45
Difficulty- Custom (doesn't matter what level you start on)
Camera- Batter 2 for both pitching and batting

Thanks and have fun!!

Last edited by bugle987; 03-10-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: BUGLE987 MLB 2k12 ALL STAR SLIDERS (360 Only)

look nice, too tired to play now but will give it a shot tomorrow. What should CPU Pitch Success be i dont see it listed?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
Banned

bugle987's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
look nice, too tired to play now but will give it a shot tomorrow. What should CPU Pitch Success be i dont see it listed?
Ya my bad I'll update that now I was so tired when I put this up last night.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
MVP

BrianU's Arena

using Mets. from playing a little last night I found striking out the comp a little easy. j
had a 3k inning with pelfrey on the first then a 2k one with gee in the first. eventually I ran into trouble when they got a man on base, I liked this.

I could see raising cpu contact and lower composure a touch, will post boxscores when I play a full game.

Last edited by BrianU; 03-07-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Rookie

burritos13's Arena

OVR: 4

yeah, i was the mariners against the a's and brett anderson had 12 ks on me while i threw for 6 ks in 5 innings with jason vargas...my bullpen threw for 5 more ks in 3 innings....final score was a's 1 mariners 0 with the a's gettin 3 hits and i got 4

i was expecting these to be challenging....and i was proved right! i like how the game seems to play faster with the pitch speed at 70.

im excited to see how these turn out man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Banned

bugle987's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritos13
yeah, i was the mariners against the a's and brett anderson had 12 ks on me while i threw for 6 ks in 5 innings with jason vargas...my bullpen threw for 5 more ks in 3 innings....final score was a's 1 mariners 0 with the a's gettin 3 hits and i got 4

i was expecting these to be challenging....and i was proved right! i like how the game seems to play faster with the pitch speed at 70.

im excited to see how these turn out man.
Ya I also see high K rates for both teams, if it continues for a couple of more games let me know, the things to do then would be lower pitch break influence or increase contact. But don't over react after one game because it doesn't tell you much, give it atleast 3 4 games before changing things.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
MVP

BrianU's Arena

just played the opener at Citifield vs Hotlanta

don't put too much thought into my offense #s I was swinging at evrrything still changing cameras and crap

Braves 1 Run 7 hits 1 errors
Mets 0 runs 7 hits 0 errors

Jurrjens, W 9 ip 7 hits 4 Ks 0 BB

Santana, L 8 ip 6 hits 8 Ks 0 BB
R. Rameriez 1 ip 1 hit 1 K 0 BB

Freeman 1 RBI

A. Torres 1 SB
M. Bourne 0 SB

I went 3 for 3 with Torres, 2 for 4 Murphy and 2 for 4 Duda. Could have had a run bottom 8th man on 1st and 2nd 1 out but I use the Mets so I guess not.

like I said dont pay much attention to my offense, I wasn't working the count till the 7th still early when I played can be my excuse.

One thing to keep an eye on is steals. Thole threw out Bourne, was a crap throw made Murphy reach up for it then brought it down was close but may need to lower User Catcher Strength, I wasn't ever happy last year with thr catcher sliders I think it really depends on who you use and I realize its only 1 game

No dumb AI mistakes, speeds look good, good hit variety, had a cool play at SS tejada bobbled the ball then caught it with barehand for the out. solid game, pitcher fatigue didn't seem to factor in but this was opening day. Going to play them again shortly
Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
MVP

BrianU's Arena

are you guya using hit stick or button hitting? I love hit stick they fixed check swings its nice but I read last year that button hitting gives you better hit variety. I saw a good amount of fouls and such just curious also what batting cam settings are you on

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »