Home

From an EA perspective

This is a discussion on From an EA perspective within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
From an EA perspective

The most important thing as far as selling units would be marketing. The "True to the Game" campaign last year and all the marketing for who's the cover works wonders. And since this game is a success there is no real need to change it since changing a game that is successful would only be deemed a risk. EA needs to be applauded for be able to sell units because that's the name of the game. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. And as far as game sales its not broke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: From an EA perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaware
The most important thing as far as selling units would be marketing. The "True to the Game" campaign last year and all the marketing for who's the cover works wonders. And since this game is a success there is no real need to change it since changing a game that is successful would only be deemed a risk. EA needs to be applauded for be able to sell units because that's the name of the game. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it. And as far as game sales its not broke.
How long have you been playing Madden???

Also why are you copying/pasting the same thread from Ea sports forum???

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8323817.page

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

[quote=Big FN Deal;2043497607]A better question is, how long have you been playing Madden???

Also why are you copying/pasting this reply from Ea sports forum???

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li....page#21236650
Why are you not minding your buisness I was asking him a simple question?

Mega
Football is in the building.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
Banned

I've played it a long time and there's no point to your questioning. And Maybe I was copying from myself you have no idea who actually posted in the EA forum do you? nope. I'm here to talk about things and have an open and productive discussion. If your upset about something I said that's your problem.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #5
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

EA has had relatively declining or stagnant numbers for a while now with this franchise. Change and innovation is the name of the game.

Ea is great a t merketing but even their marketing ploys are beginning to fail them. The only real way EA can recover with this Franchise is to improve the game. Simple as that. Madden NFL Football has gotten a general bad reputation with it for this generation of consoles. That reputation is just as much a weapon as marketing, but in a negative way for Electronic Arts.

Not that this is entirely relevent but rumor has it Zipper Interactive, the developers of the SOCOM US Navy SEALS franchise, and innovators of online console gaming is being shutdown. The biggest reason is that they abandoned their core fanbase for multiple iterations in an attempt to grab casuals. Their fans no longer supported tham or their products which has landed them out of a job. Now EA is far bigger but the same principal applies. They need to listen to their fanbase, or watch the series decline out of the realm of profit.

Edit: @ smoke No doubt man. We have been clamouring for that on their forums for years and they ignored us. It feels weird thinking about it. That was my first shooter and I loved that series. That was the only online game I ever played until CoD4 and even then I tried toplay CoD like SOCOM. I'm sad. The casuals have finally taken the last bastion, the HQ, the base, the origins of tactical online console gaming. Its a dark time for videogaming my friends, a dark time indeed.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

Last edited by Kaiser Wilhelm; 03-24-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
MVP

Man, if zipper would of just did a socom 1-2 HD remake, it would have been all good. I do believe EA and other devs do need to pay attention to its audience, next thing you know, we'll start getting XP in madden lime you with COD just to please the casuals.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Isn't marketing what drives sales for most companies? ie commercials on tv, the net, etc....

Madden has been an established brand as well. ie, been around for a long time.

Sounds like a broken record, but 13 sounds like it's going in a decent direction. Let's see if the results are the same.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Isn't marketing what drives sales for most companies? ie commercials on tv, the net, etc....

Madden has been an established brand as well. ie, been around for a long time.

Sounds like a broken record, but 13 sounds like it's going in a decent direction. Let's see if the results are the same.
SOCOM was also an established brand. SOCOM created online console gaming. SOCOM was the number 1 PS2 era franchise for online play. I will grant that Sony and Zipper never really advertised their game, which is why I find it hard to believe it sold over 2.5 million copies in a year (this is 2002 mind you).

My point with that comparison is that nothing is too big to fail.

Its hard to say with such limited information but I agree M13 looks to be going is a decent direction.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »