Home

Wheelhouse + Perfect Timing + Perfect Stride = ...

This is a discussion on Wheelhouse + Perfect Timing + Perfect Stride = ... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Wheelhouse + Perfect Timing + Perfect Stride = ...

... a ground ball to short stop most of the time, at least according to MLB 12 The Show. Sony please fix this before I have to drive Out to San Diego and slap some one!

I'm sick of working the count, waiting for my pitch, just to be rewarded with a weak grounder or shallow fly ball. I have a 25 - 6 record online with a measly 5 HRs. The power game is broken and needs to be fixed ASAP!

The Padres were the least powerful team in the league in 2011 and they still hit 91 HRs in 162 games. The average MLB team hit 154 HRs. By that estimate I should have at least 16 - 30 HRs in my 31 online games.
Fantasy football fans... Dominate your Draft with the #1 selling fantasy football app, Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet 2017 for iOS & Android.

Get it for iPhone / iPad!

Get it for Android!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Wheelhouse + Perfect Timing + Perfect Stride = ...

You are forgetting the most important part of that equation. CONTACT. What batting settings are you using ? Cause this is an issue I have not seen raised to this point.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Wheelhouse + perfect timing only modifies a dice roll. It's about making more good swings than not. Even awesome hitters miss meatballs sometimes, they do a lot more with them more often.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 24

Oh look another one of these threads. I guess open shooters in the NBA make 100% of their shots too. Open receivers etc...

And "Wheelhouse" doesn't even mean you hit the ball particularly well, it just means the pitch was in one of your "red zones." It's possible to have only made "Okay" contact and still get the Wheelhouse thing. The search feature will also provide more information. These threads are made every week.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Wheelhouse + perfect timing only modifies a dice roll. It's about making more good swings than not. Even awesome hitters miss meatballs sometimes, they do a lot more with them more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Oh look another one of these threads. I guess open shooters in the NBA make 100% of their shots too. Open receivers etc...

And "Wheelhouse" doesn't even mean you hit the ball particularly well, it just means the pitch was in one of your "red zones." It's possible to have only made "Okay" contact and still get the Wheelhouse thing. The search feature will also provide more information. These threads are made every week.
Sense.

Welcome to Baseball, a sport when superb contact and timing on swings can result in an out, and awful, emergency hacks can get you a hit.

I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Sense.

Welcome to Baseball, a sport when superb contact and timing on swings can result in an out, and awful, emergency hacks can get you a hit.

I love it.
Problem #1 - Wheelhouse implies excellent contact.
Problem #2 - Major League hitters rarely whiff on middle - middle pitches or balls in their 'wheelhouse'. If they did they wouldn't be in the Major Leagues to begin with.

Show up at your local Major league ballpark a couple hours early and watch batting practice. That will let you know what a MLB quality hitter does to balls in his 'wheelhouse'.

It's very convenient how no one wants to comment on how I only have 5 homeruns in 31 online games, yet I'm destroying competition at 26 - 5. How many total homeruns do you guys have in your online games? How many games have you played?

I'm ok with the occasional perfect swing ending with poor results. The problem is perfect swings too often end with weak hits in MLB 12. Major League hitters rarely miss perfect pitches with perfect timing. It should at least be a smash right at a defensive player for an out, not a weak ground ball or flyball 50% of the time.

Anyone who contests that basic fact of hitting doesn't know baseball and / or never played.
Fantasy football fans... Dominate your Draft with the #1 selling fantasy football app, Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet 2017 for iOS & Android.

Get it for iPhone / iPad!

Get it for Android!

Last edited by Sigma4Life; 04-04-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Even awesome hitters miss meatballs sometimes, they do a lot more with them more often.
But if it says "wheelhouse", "perfect timing", and "perfect stride" how is he "missing" it?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Problem #1 - Wheelhouse implies excellent contact.
No it doesnt.

It simply implies in was in the hitters hottest zones, it doesnt mean you made great contact or even anything better than ok.

Bobhead has said as much above, and he was right.

I dont ever play online nor intend to so i couldnt comment on that, what i do know is i have no problem hitting a reasonable amount of homeruns, some on good pitches, some on bad, some in the wheelhouse, some on the edge of the zone, some even out of the zone completely.

There is no science to hitting a round ball with a round object.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »