Home

player progressing droping over all stats of player after great season?

This is a discussion on player progressing droping over all stats of player after great season? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
player progressing droping over all stats of player after great season?

I had gotten rid of madden 12 awhile back and I was offered to buy the game at a rock bottom price and so I did. Anyway I have been doing a franchise with the steelers and in the first season Mendenhall goes down for the season and big ben goes down for 12 weeks in the fist quarter of the first game. I was struggleing with my back up qb so I was using moore alot at rushing. his overall stats started in the 70s like 74ish or something like that and I ended up with over 1500 rushing yards and avraged around 120 yards a game. I ended the season with him carring well over 350 times and was either top or in the top two out of all the running backs. Durning the offseason when it went through the progression of the players his over all went from around 74 ish to 68 and last on the depth chart. How can that be? there is no way a runningback getting over 1500 yards in a season would fall that much in over all stats. I mean at least keep him at the same if anything but droping in down six points after a season like that specialy since he was a back up. I just don;t see the reason behind some of this progression madden dose. yes he was like his 7th or 8th season but it should have at least kept him in at least 72 or 73

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 04-14-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: player progressing droping over all stats of player after great season?

So you never heard of a player that put up great numbers one year, only to tumble back down to earth the next?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klue516
So you never heard of a player that put up great numbers one year, only to tumble back down to earth the next?
thats not what I am taking about. after the great year if they fall flat on there face sure drop there over all stats but at least give them a chance. It dropped the stats even before the first game of preseason. When I went to reorder the depth chart he was at the bottom at a 68 over all and two guys that never even saw the field jumped up 5 points and even mendenhall got up 3 points and he was on IR all but half of the first quarter of the very first game.

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 04-14-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klue516
It shouldnt matter he still produced at the top of his game even if he was getting older and having that kind of year he should have went up like 5 to 8 points in my opinion.

This is why Madden needs to go back to the drawing boards with the way players progress. It needs to be based on player performence and I dont care what any one thinks. They have players rated really low at the start of the year but then if they do really good at the end of the year they are at the 90s when they do updates so why doesnt that work with there franchise progression it makes no sense. I hate how they keep players in line with that potential crap. No one can perdict how a player is going to perform in there career. It depends on there work ethic,heart and determination period.... If I have a RB that has 1500 yards and 16 TDs he needs to be in the 90s if he has 8 tds and 1000 yards in the low 80s.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
It shouldnt matter he still produced at the top of his game even if he was getting older and having that kind of year he should have went up like 5 to 8 points in my opinion.

This is why Madden needs to go back to the drawing boards with the way players progress. It needs to be based on player performence and I dont care what any one thinks. They have players rated really low at the start of the year but then if they do really good at the end of the year they are at the 90s when they do updates so why doesnt that work with there franchise progression it makes no sense. I hate how they keep players in line with that potential crap. No one can perdict how a player is going to perform in there career. It depends on there work ethic,heart and determination period.... If I have a RB that has 1500 yards and 16 TDs he needs to be in the 90s if he has 8 tds and 1000 yards in the low 80s.
The ratings the EA gives to players are completely reactionary though and based upon their opinions. Once you start a franchise in Madden those ratings are the absolute fact of what you are getting when you sign a player to your team. The way ratings work in a franchise and how they change due to progression is a completely different model than how ratings change during in-season roster updates. The progression model has plenty of flaws, but by allowing players to randomly get worse or randomly get better it does have a more realistic portrayal of how players get better or worse from season to season in the NFL. Having a performance based progression system just leads to tons of problems a few years into a franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

Dont understand how that would be a problem a few years down the road in franchise when you cannot control every player?To me it would even out nicely with starters in the 80s to 90s and back ups in the 60s and 70s since they dont get much play time. This is why they need positional coaches in madden that can make player potential go from a C to a B rating depending of the coach and so on or even say a WR coach can give you +3 catch or +2 speed, +4 aware depending on there specialty. I just think it needs to be redone instead of there guessing...
Old 04-15-2012, 02:49 AM   #7
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx

If I have a RB that has 1500 yards and 16 TDs he needs to be in the 90s if he has 8 tds and 1000 yards in the low 80s.
I see where you are coming from, but it really doesn't make sense for it to work that way in this game. If you rushed for 1500yds and 16tds, how many yards are you going to rush for with a rating in the 90's the next season? 2200yds and 20+ tds? Does he need to get better if he already put up those types of numbers with his current rating?

Moore is also 30 years old, the dreaded age for a running back. Not many RB's progress once they hit 30.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

I understad what you are saying with the 30 + age RBs going down hill or any player that does alot of hitting for that matter with the exception of a very few. All Im saying is that I think its unfair how EA can label a player with a B rating or even a C and then if that player performes at a high level for multiiple years he is cheated by never reaching the 90s, I mean it really doesnt matter in madden but if your gonna have that type of system make it work better. We all know Overalls dont mean much in madden. I just think if a player plays at a high level he should be rewarded and not held back by a stupid potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »