Home

"All Star" veterans of The Show.

This is a discussion on "All Star" veterans of The Show. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
"All Star" veterans of The Show.

How many of you guys on here play on default All-Star despite being a seasoned veteran of The Show?

I've played this game since MLB 08: The Show and have never really liked anything above the All-Star difficulty level. It seems to me that if I put it on Hall of Fame I can win games but I rarely get realistic numbers, especially with pitching since I never strike out more than one or two.

My only problem with the All-Star difficulty level is that it seems like every game is 3-2, or 2-1. Are you guys ever seeing 10-8, 12-6 type games on All-Star default? I just feel like this should happen every now and again even if you are good at the game. I'm good, not great, but I seem to win too often on All-Star. I play about 1 out of every 5 games (and simulate the rest) but I'm actually wanting to lose more often when I do play. I think I've won the last 6 and have kept the CPU to 1 or 2 runs in doing so. But I'm giving up realistic numbers of hits. I'd just like to see higher scoring games every now and again.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: "All Star" veterans of The Show.

I am.

HOF and Legend every year prior. This year, it's AS Default.

I've seen plenty of blowouts.

11-2 W
11-1 W
9-2 L
12-1 L
11-3 W
9-1 W

And on and on. And I'm only 38 games in.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I play All-Star, but do a lot of slider and option tweaks. I think under the hood it will still play differently than defaulting on Hall of Fame and doing the same tweaks, though. Anyway, I will get a good variation of scores with those changes.

Which reminds me, I still have yet to post my slider set...
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Every year I try not to make slider adjustments, but every year I seem to eventually succumb to it. The worst I've lost this year so far is 6-0 to the Cardinals. I also lost 7-1 to the Brewers but I've yet to see a 10-run game on either side.

I just simply like to know that its possible. As silly as it might sound it gives me some sense of peace of mind in that the mode/level I'm playing will garner realistic stats and results. I actually like (every once in a while) to get blown out but I don't like for it to happen when it just feels cheap, and that's how I feel Hall of Fame plays. I know there's not code or actually "cheating" going on, but I just cannot strike anyone out, at least not with realistic totals.

Good to see other people are good at this game and still play on All-Star.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

I bat on Hall of Fame, but pitch on All Star.

I'm with you I can't pitch on Hall of Fame and get realistic numbers either. Strikeouts are hard enough on All Star as it is, especially with Analog Pitching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

All-Star for me. The only sliders I typically mess with are the CPU Pitch sliders, just to get them to throw more balls.

The Power slider is something I keep an eye on; last year I lowered it -1 for both HUM and CPU and it worked out great.

I'm using Armor & Sword's All-Star set this year and getting good results.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I played All-Star every year through last year. Late last season I grew frustrated enough that I dropped to Veteran. Playing Veteran with Timing/Classic pitching this year, and it's been perfect for me.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

In all fairness, I did play around 20-30 games using Pulse on Default AS and wasn't blown out by the CPU once until I started to drop Consistency (my numbers above are from using Classic).

Ultimately, I switched to Classic and THAT'S when the game variety really started to show itself.

I'm not implying that the results I posted above are not possible using the other interfaces (as I'm sure it is), I'm just saying it did not happen to me regarding the CPU blowing me out (in limited games with Pulse, UNTIL I dropped the Consistency slider).

My results were by no means scientific using Pulse, but Classic is giving me the games I think you started the thread for. But that also depends a lot on you an how good your non-Classic pitching interface skills are.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 04-29-2012 at 11:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »