Home

Flexbone

This is a discussion on Flexbone within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Flexbone

Can you guy give me some hints on running the flexbone ? I noticed in some formations there are 3 different TO's , STr CNT and regular , whats the difference? Also , who do you read on the trap and midline ? Any formations I really need to have etc, etc , .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Custon 89's Arena

Re: Flexbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
Can you guy give me some hints on running the flexbone ? I noticed in some formations there are 3 different TO's , STr CNT and regular , whats the difference? Also , who do you read on the trap and midline ? Any formations I really need to have etc, etc , .
The trap option (OG pulling one) read the opposite DE i think. The other TO, read the playside DE. Speed sweeps and tosses are motion run play compared to i-forms, etc., etc. (don't use WB Toss imo they worthless). FB option and Speed Option are the same but the FB instead.

When I use the Flexbone the options and option passes are the only plays I use.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
In real football, trap option is a double option. Not sure what the read is in NCAA. Midline in real football is the 3 tech DT. It's DE in NCAA. Counter TO in the video game just has the QB reversing out instead of opening to the playside.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

OVR: 3

Most of those tags refer to where the full back is hitting, Im upset on how the flexbone package fell from its glory 2 years ago. however, the WB sweep is the best 3rd and 1. 4th and 1 play.

Dont try to take the edge cut it up behind the Guard or Tackle who ever is getting hte most movement.

Goaline WB toss can either be a touchdown run, or a TFL/Pick 6.
I like to line up in this and if the CB's are in the box I will try to run this play, if not I will audible to Triple Option.

I couldnt get midline to work this year, which is a shame cuz in real life it is quite a neutralizer.

My biggest pet pieve, is how the Option pass (or speed pass) works....cuz it doesnt. I like to run a Navy/Paul Johnson offense where I run 85 percent of the time, lul'ing the defense asleep then bringing a nasty option pass and hitting a homerun ball over the head of the aggressive safeties.

The offensive Tackles drop step to form a pocket, when in reality its suppose to look just like a run block. Additionally it takes an ungodly amount of time to get the ball out of hte QB's hands. you hit X and he does a 5 step drop and the has to throw the ball. AND the pitch man is never in pitch relationship when the pass is all covered up.....
Old 05-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #5
Rookie

I'm no expert, but I have been running the flexbone a lot lately. I ran it vs a really good sim player and his comment to me was that this offense was the hardest for him to defend (the flexbone in general, not necessarily how I was running it). I mostly run the double slots (normal). I like how this look keeps it always the same. I have the playbook stripped to the plays that work for me, and unfortunately the TO playaction doesn't. I prefer to run. Like the above poster said, the speed sweep is a great run inside, but if the defense is crowded inside the tackles I will keep it as designed outside, so in essence that really makes it like two different plays. You can do the same with the speed option. Either duck it up with the qb for a moderate gain, or continue the play outside. Learn your formation audibles. Learn to flip the play at the line, that can be a huge advantage. Learn to hot the FB to block your weakside on 60 GO and 60 Choice. I'm not sure why he blocks to the play, I always audible to the backside. Start using hot routes on every play, even run plays, so that everything looks the same. If you build all those elements together when you do pass and it looks like the run it can be big. In my playbook, on of the formations is WR CORNERS. This play, to me is that when the defense really starts creeping big hitter. You can use the play as is or hot route a streak on one of the WB's and it can be a quick hitter or a little slower developing big play. That play has no motion, so if you like to run with motion (like me) it can catch them off guard. The Midline QB Iso is, for me a fullback dive. If the backers are collapsing inside, I might keep it with the QB and hit the G-T hole, but it's either a no gain mostly or if you make it through it could be six.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

http://studentof-thegame.blogspot.co...ng-system.html

Here's a write up I did earlier in the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »