Home

im new to soccer...help!

This is a discussion on im new to soccer...help! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
im new to soccer...help!

1) how come I cant use finesse shots with the RB button for xbox360? I had FIFA 10 and i remember using the finesse shot alot.

2) I dont understand the budget allocation in Career mode. Can someone help me out with any transfer information or anything?

3) right now I play on semi pro. there are hardly any red or yellow cards. is this because im on to easy of a level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: im new to soccer...help!

Check your control scheme setup in-game for the finesse shot button. And the higher the level, the more penalties, yes. But they are few and far between even on the higher difficulty levels.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
Pro

sabres32's Arena

thank you im dumb. i thought you only had to press RB not RB and B haha my bad. i love this game, its great. alot of detail in franchise mode as opposed to NHL 12 and Madden 12. Im still lost on the budget allocation, transferring players and loaning players. how do you loan a player? and why would you loan a player? what happens when the loan is over haha?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

A loan is for a player on your team that you want to keep, but will not be able to find playing time for. For example, lets say you have a young midfielder that looks like he has a lot of potential, but you already have 3 other players in his position. You should then loan him out to another team, to get playing time. At the end of the season, he will come back to his parent club.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Rookie

amboyboy's Arena

i'm relatively new to soccer too. i'm struggling with who to loan out while not sacrificing depth. can anyone give me an idea of how many players i should keep for a position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

With regards to squad depth it really depends on your preferred formation.
Using the most common formation of 4-4-2 as a base I suggest you keep approximately 7 defenders (making sure you have sufficient players with speed to play wide-back, i.e. Right-back/left-back, so 3 CB's and 4 WB's)
Midfield is where you want to stack the majority of your players because this position eats up stamina like no other (except the Wide-backs) and also because Attacking Mids can sub for forwards in most cases and defensive mids can sub for any defender without loss of security at the back. Strikers is where you probably need only 4 tops and you should loan out any young player that isn't useful. Depending on your in game aggression/pressuring tactics the forwards rarely run out of stamina, although you should routinely rotate your squad when any player is in the game starts getting to the light green bar.
Good luck.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
Pro

sabres32's Arena

my team is in huge financial trouble. im southend united and i can hardly get any players because of my money situation. if i win games do i get more money? or how do i increase my budget? i dont understand how to use the budget allocation. everytime i try to get a guy, it says i have insufficient funds. can someone please help me out with this one. also during game play i understand the through pass, but how do i get my players to keep running when i lob the ball in the air. it seems when i try to lob the ball in the air as a pass my players dont keep running. when i do a normal through pass they keep on running. in order for me to do a through pass in the air, do i hit the shot finesse button and X? please help haha
Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Okay it's been a while since I last played fifa12 manager mode but as to budgeting: All you have to do is shift the arrow left or right to increase/decrease your teams TRANSFER/WAGE amounts.
One side represents the TRANSFER amount total, the other represents the WAGE total. The system does the math itself, obviously increasing one side decreases the other because your team only has a certain amount of income. (and as Southend Utd, you probably have very little so temper your expectations and buy cheap, no superstars.)

TRANSFER = a one time payment for purchase of a player under contract from another team. That player can still then refuse to sign for you IF you offer too small of a wage, which brings us to:
WAGE = the continual salary that you must pay any player that signs for you or is currently under contract on your team.

Loaning = usually means you pay 0 transfer $ but must pay that players WAGE instead of his owning team.

Through Lob = Modifier trigger (not the finesse button) plus Through Ball button, your receiving player should run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »