Home

Power swing question

This is a discussion on Power swing question within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Power swing question

I have been struggling with the power swing in MLB 12 The Show. For whatever reason, I unintentionally check swing about 60 percent of the time I use power swing. It worked fine for me from 2008-10, but it's been ineffective for me in 2011 and 2012.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. If so, were you able to find the solution? At this point, I'm thinking about using normal swing exclusively, but I just wanted to see if you guys have any advice on power swing before I quit using it altogether.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Rookie

RunningTheNight's Arena

OVR: 6
Does the square button work on other games/functions? Are you sure you're pressing it down long enough? It sounds silly, but those are the only issues I can see. If you have another controller, try it, but if it persists, it could be the actual disk.

PSN: RunningTheNight
Old 05-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Power swing question

The square button works fine. I even went back to the Show 2009 and '10 to test the power swing and it worked fine. For whatever reason, I've only had this issue on the Show 2011 and '12.

I hold the square button down long enough while using power swing, so I'm not sure why I still get lots of check swings. By no means is it a gamebreaker for me; in fact, I've found that just going with the normal swing on zone hitting leads to a wide variety of hits, including home runs.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcity
The square button works fine. I even went back to the Show 2009 and '10 to test the power swing and it worked fine. For whatever reason, I've only had this issue on the Show 2011 and '12.

I hold the square button down long enough while using power swing, so I'm not sure why I still get lots of check swings. By no means is it a gamebreaker for me; in fact, I've found that just going with the normal swing on zone hitting leads to a wide variety of hits, including home runs.
If I recall correctly, 2011 was the first year you could check swing using the power swing, to be safe I would just hold down the square button until you make contact or miss.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Good to know. That may explain why it's only been happening to me on MLB 2011 and '12. I guess bad habits are hard to break, especially since I played the heck out of MLB '09 and '10, and took a bit of a break from '11 and '12. Thanks for the info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcity
Good to know. That may explain why it's only been happening to me on MLB 2011 and '12. I guess bad habits are hard to break, especially since I played the heck out of MLB '09 and '10, and took a bit of a break from '11 and '12. Thanks for the info.
I took a break last season and upon return, a few things feel different to me including the increased sensitivity of checked swings (like) and the increased "risk" versus "reward" of the power swing...

Contact seems to have been reduced with the power swing after the implementation of the "contact swing" (love)...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »