Home

Rate my fantasy draft team

This is a discussion on Rate my fantasy draft team within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rate my fantasy draft team

Lineup
1. Mike Trout CF
2. Elvis Andrus SS
3. Placido Polanco 3B
4. Eric Hosmer 1B
5. Jason Heyward RF
6. Carlos Ruiz C
7. Desmond Jennings LF
8. Gordon Beckham 2B
9. Pitcher Spot

Pitching Rotation
1. Roy Halladay
2. Stephen Strasburg
3. Matt Moore
4. Ted Lilly
5. Rubby De La Rosa

Bullpen
Octovio Dotel
Takashi Saito
Arthur Rhodes
Jason Isringhausen
Aroldis Chapman

Notable Prospects
Shelby Miller SP
Jurickson Profar SS
Jameson Taillon SP
Dylan Bundy SP
Gerrit Cole SP
Miguel Sano 3B
Zack Wheeler SP
Anthony Rizzo 1B
Gary Sanchez C

Please rate out of 10. I may try and trade Strasburg or Moore and get better hitting but I don't know if I should. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Rate my fantasy draft team

I'd give it an 8/10

Your bullpen is ancient so you will need plenty of replacements once they retire and I would suggest getting a 3B first round of the draft to replace Polanco once he goes. Also your lineup lacks some power but that's not necessarily a bad thing, I myself prefer speedy contact hitters to big homerun-or-bust type of guys.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Your minor leagues are almost exactly mine, although I'm about to start over from the beginning.

I had Trout in LF, Kemp in CF, Bryce Harper in RF backed by Jennings at all 3 spots. David Wright at 3B, Mike Aviles SS, Jason Kipnis at 2B, Billy Butler at 1B (good god that was a mistake, he has dropped 5 perfect throws in less than a month). C was Avila backed by Ramos.

Starting rotation was Dan Hudson, Bud Norris, Kyle Drabek, Danny Duffy and then I worked Jarrod Parker in there as my 5th starter when I needed one. Alexei Ogando was my LRP, but he had to start when Hudson got hurt. I had Chapman as well.

The minors is where my team shined though and was a ton like yours. I had Bauer, Skaggs, Taillon, Bundy, Cole. Rizzo and Profar. I took a chance on Travis Snider who was down there and a few others and I sent down Mike Moustakas.

As trooper said, your weakness is bullpen. They are elderly so they may not last long. At some point it may make sense to bring one of those prospect arms up and either let them get some relief work. You may want to try and find a 2B as well.

What was your philosophy in doing that batting order? Have you had success with it?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappine05
Lineup
1. Mike Trout CF
2. Elvis Andrus SS
3. Placido Polanco 3B
4. Eric Hosmer 1B
5. Jason Heyward RF
6. Carlos Ruiz C
7. Desmond Jennings LF
8. Gordon Beckham 2B
9. Pitcher Spot

Pitching Rotation
1. Roy Halladay
2. Stephen Strasburg
3. Matt Moore
4. Ted Lilly
5. Rubby De La Rosa

Bullpen
Octovio Dotel
Takashi Saito
Arthur Rhodes
Jason Isringhausen
Aroldis Chapman

Notable Prospects
Shelby Miller SP
Jurickson Profar SS
Jameson Taillon SP
Dylan Bundy SP
Gerrit Cole SP
Miguel Sano 3B
Zack Wheeler SP
Anthony Rizzo 1B
Gary Sanchez C

Please rate out of 10. I may try and trade Strasburg or Moore and get better hitting but I don't know if I should. Thanks.
Not bad! I'd give it a 8 or 9 out of 10 because your bullpen is old
Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

2/10
No power. Have fun going one base at a time.
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for the input everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Your minor leagues are almost exactly mine, although I'm about to start over from the beginning.

I had Trout in LF, Kemp in CF, Bryce Harper in RF backed by Jennings at all 3 spots. David Wright at 3B, Mike Aviles SS, Jason Kipnis at 2B, Billy Butler at 1B (good god that was a mistake, he has dropped 5 perfect throws in less than a month). C was Avila backed by Ramos.

Starting rotation was Dan Hudson, Bud Norris, Kyle Drabek, Danny Duffy and then I worked Jarrod Parker in there as my 5th starter when I needed one. Alexei Ogando was my LRP, but he had to start when Hudson got hurt. I had Chapman as well.

The minors is where my team shined though and was a ton like yours. I had Bauer, Skaggs, Taillon, Bundy, Cole. Rizzo and Profar. I took a chance on Travis Snider who was down there and a few others and I sent down Mike Moustakas.

As trooper said, your weakness is bullpen. They are elderly so they may not last long. At some point it may make sense to bring one of those prospect arms up and either let them get some relief work. You may want to try and find a 2B as well.

What was your philosophy in doing that batting order? Have you had success with it?
Yeah I have a lot to work with in my farm system. If I need to I can use them in a big deal at the deadline if I need to (will probably need to end up trading for a power hitter)

I didn't really have a philosophy, just figured that's the best lineup. Polanco rarely strikes out and can hit above .300 so I figured he'd be a good three hitter with the team I have. Also Trout and Andrus have a ton of speed and I guess if Andrus happens to lead off an inning and get on Polanco can serve as a #2 hitter and bunt Andrus over for Hosmer and Heyward if necessary.

Oh and I only played one game so far and Yu Darvish shut me out. He really is nasty though. I'll have to see if I have more success in my next few games.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbbucsfan001
2/10
No power. Have fun going one base at a time.
Thanks man.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappine05
Thanks for the input everyone.

Yeah I have a lot to work with in my farm system. If I need to I can use them in a big deal at the deadline if I need to (will probably need to end up trading for a power hitter)

I didn't really have a philosophy, just figured that's the best lineup. Polanco rarely strikes out and can hit above .300 so I figured he'd be a good three hitter with the team I have. Also Trout and Andrus have a ton of speed and I guess if Andrus happens to lead off an inning and get on Polanco can serve as a #2 hitter and bunt Andrus over for Hosmer and Heyward if necessary.

Oh and I only played one game so far and Yu Darvish shut me out. He really is nasty though. I'll have to see if I have more success in my next few games.
My initial lineup ended up being:

Trout LF
Kipnis 2B
Wright 3B
Kemp CF
Butler 1B
Harper RF
Avila C
Aviles SS
Pitcher

Against tough lefties, I sat Harper in place of Desmond Jennings and slotted him 2nd, moving Kipnis to Harper's spot. Any one of those guys could have hit in the 2 hole, Kipnis, Harper and Wright would be ideal. Could flip Trout and Jennings. At one point when Wright slumped hard, I dropped him to 6th and moved everyone up one giving me Trout, Kipnis, Kemp, Butler, Harper, Wright, Avila, Aviles. I loved the R/L combos that lineup gave me.

Kemp and Butler provided a ton of pop. Kipnis and Harper each provided power in spurts. Any guy in the lineup could provide 20+ HR power except Aviles. If I could do it over again, I might try and get a few more high contact guys, this is a HIGH K lineup. When it struggles, I can easily K 15 times a game as a team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »