Home

Madden 13 Lost Me With Connected Careers

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Lost Me With Connected Careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Madden 13 Lost Me With Connected Careers

Now madden franchise has lost me, This connected careers thing is not What me and many people I know wanted for the future of Franchise Mode.

Since the mode has been completely removed why play connected careers, I mean it takes the what freedom we actually had in franchise mode. Now u Have to Play as A Coach or A Player just to play in the mode at all. So as i see it bye bye to building your favorite franchise to a Superbowl team from a owner prospective now u coach or play and even with that if you are cut or fired from your favorite team you have to recreate yourself to just try and continue you with them.

this completely takes all respect away from Josh and Mike who i thought had everything going good until connected careers details were released.

For all those guys who have there own blog to all the guys who were invited to the community events who said, " This Will Be The Best Madden Ever" I think you lost the sight of what we the consumer were actually looking for. Franchise mode made NFL MADDEN what it is today and today they tell you its gone.

THEN TO ME MADDEN IS GONE TO CANT WANT FOR THE LICENSE TO EXPIRE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Madden 13 Lost Me With Connected Careers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
Now madden franchise has lost me, This connected careers thing is not What me and many people I know wanted for the future of Franchise Mode.

Since the mode has been completely removed why play connected careers, I mean it takes the what freedom we actually had in franchise mode. Now u Have to Play as A Coach or A Player just to play in the mode at all. So as i see it bye bye to building your favorite franchise to a Superbowl team from a owner prospective now u coach or play and even with that if you are cut or fired from your favorite team you have to recreate yourself to just try and continue you with them.

this completely takes all respect away from Josh and Mike who i thought had everything going good until connected careers details were released.

For all those guys who have there own blog to all the guys who were invited to the community events who said, " This Will Be The Best Madden Ever" I think you lost the sight of what we the consumer were actually looking for. Franchise mode made NFL MADDEN what it is today and today they tell you its gone.

THEN TO ME MADDEN IS GONE TO CANT WANT FOR THE LICENSE TO EXPIRE.
And you needed a new thread to express your opinion?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

Umm.. from what I understand, you can select offline and choose to play as a coach, and it will be essentially the same as offline franchise.

As a hardcore offline franchise guy myself, I was skeptical of this mode when I first heard about it, but I've now watched the webcast and read the blog and now I'm not worried at all. I'll still be able to play the game just the way I like it. In fact, this year may be the first year since last gen that I will control only one team as opposed to all 32.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

youre telling me youre going to miss being able to buy jumbotrons for your stadium? im not following
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

don't understand what your complaining about. u can still develop a dynasty. this mode just combines superstar and franchise. I think its awesome. especially the fact that instead of people just quitting your dynasty they can retire and become something else (player or coach). not only that this mode adds to the online franchise part by introducing salary caps, free agents, rookies, scouting. maybe your not understanding what this mode really is.

the only thing that it takes away is that people might pursue individual goals and their legacy score instead of trying to win games. but at the same time they said u can filter it so all people can be a coach. or all people are individual players, or a mix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

What's with all the bold?

Anyways, I cannot believe that you are saying that we have become limited as a result of Connected Careers. Now, I can coach the Bears for 5 years before becoming bored and then leave for the Dolphins (not possible before) and then play with them for 6 years. Maybe then I get bored with the Dolphins, so then I create a Quarterback and play for the Rams for 13 years before retiring. Now I want to take over that veteran runningback on the Raiders in the last 6 years of his (and my) career. I could never even consider doing that in Madden 12. Now, I can.

My only complaint is that you can only play 30 seasons.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

You've got it all wrong. I suggest reading more of the threads about today's news.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Do coaches or coordinators have ratings? Does it matter who you hire or is it pretty much just a name?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »